Simple bench saw jig

ken werner

Been wanting to post this for a while. Finally got a round tuit.

Anyway, it's a simple jig mounted on the side of my workbench, that acts as a bench hook for both pull saws and push saws. Easy to make, and use. Pictures should be self-explanatory:

It's always there, instantly ready, and works well.

Ken

Attachments

• whole jig.jpg
    whole jig.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 148
  • pull saw setup.jpg
    pull saw setup.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 112
  • pull saw.jpg
    pull saw.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 104
  • push saw setup.jpg
    push saw setup.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 105
  • push saw.jpg
    push saw.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 131
Very nice idea ... i might do that myself now that I have access to the right side of my bench. I'd been thinking about an end vise with dogs ... but I think I can do both :D

By the way, how'd my LN saw get over there? :p

What, four pieces of wood, with holes drilled in them, then four screws.................. :eek:

Are you nuts???

Don't you have to spend $30 on some special plastic thing with anodized aluminum extrusions on it from some big online store......:huh: :dunno:

Just funning, nice stops, I have only push saws, so I have the push only bit mounted on two spots on my worktable.

Great post Ken! :thumb:

I'd been thinking about an end vise with dogs ... but I think I can do both :D

By the way, how'd my LN saw get over there? :p

I use an end vise with dogs too, and have this jig on the back side of my bench, which is accessible from all 4.

Your saw? I thought it was my saw? The more I know of you Jason, the more I think you are a gentleman and a scholar.

And Stu, I hope you noticed that I used premium wood to make the jig, [Right - scraps only] and McFeely's screws.

Ken