Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another view of my out of town trip

another view of my out of town trip

While in the greater Chicagoland area, we attended a convention for my wife's passion/avocation of being a tinntinabulist.
    The organizers had us participate in a 1920-1930's prohibition skit. We were dressed as a Mafia gangster and his mol. I actually think I look the part. If want to argue that, I'll call my cousin Guido to explain things to you.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Nah... I think look you better hiding in the woods wearing moccasins and a coon skin cap...

Seriously, you guys look good. Sounds like you had fun.
    Last edited by Greg Cook; 07-04-2007 at 08:08 PM.

You ARE a re-enacter aren't you. Are those bells I'm hearing?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken werner View Post
    You ARE a re-enacter aren't you. Are those bells I'm hearing?

Ken
    Very good. I was sure someone would have to ask. You get the Ding-A-Ling award.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Well, I did say it "Sounds" like you had fun....

Hey Frank,
    I thought Fusco was German?
    How come you look like such a mobster?
    You two look great for the part, bet it was great fun. What is it to the tintinnabulation that strikes your brides fancy? I have heard bell ringing groups and they are really unique. I think however there is more hear than meets the ear.
    Shaz
    Oh, My daughter is a re-enacter. She likes the civil war era. She is interning at Andersonville at this very time.
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Schaubhut View Post
    Hey Frank,
    I thought Fusco was German?
    How come you look like such a mobster?
    You two look great for the part, bet it was great fun. What is it to the tintinnabulation that strikes your brides fancy? I have heard bell ringing groups and they are really unique. I think however there is more hear than meets the ear.
    Shaz
    Oh, My daughter is a re-enacter. She likes the civil war era. She is interning at Andersonville at this very time.
    Robert, even though the ding-a-lings do ring bells occasionally, it is really a bell collecting organization. Not my thang, but my wife's. However, the people involved are really nice and I don't mind being a participant. No, Fusco is very Italian. And, I surprised myself when I put on the black shirt, white tie and hat at how 'Mafia' I looked.
    http://www.americanbell.org/

Thanks Frank,
    I just went to the web site and found my visit enjoyable. It is nice to see the interest in the collecting and appreciation of these time honored objects. I like the "dinner bell".
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    We were dressed as a Mafia gangster and his mol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cook View Post
    Nah... I think look you better hiding in the woods wearing moccasins and a coon skin cap...
    Well, now where can one go to be safe? After seeing your picture with the buckskins and long rifle I was sure I could not be safe in the woods. Now it seems one cannot be safe in the big city either!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Well, now where can one go to be safe? After seeing your picture with the buckskins and long rifle I was sure I could not be safe in the woods. Now it seems one cannot be safe in the big city either!
    For the record: I don't wear a coonskin cap. Either a black bear fur hat, black felt round hat or a red knitted wool one. And, I assure you, I'm glad to be back in the woods. As for safety, if ye wave the red-white-blue, I'll be helping keep ye safe.