Thread: 2nd euro

2nd euro

I was planning on getting a couple done today, but LOML had other ideas and I ended up doing some yard work Oh well, at least I had a chance to get one done! This is some more of the ambrosia maple, but I found a spot with some interesting grain. I put a little med brown dye on it to see what would happen. The color came out nice, but I'm not thrilled with the finish. I need to try using lacquer!
    At least I got the band on the right way this time!

Happy 4th all!!!

Pretty little Euro Ed! I'm waiting for some stuff to be delivered tomorrow from CSUSA...included are 5 jumbo stabilized blanks so I can try my first Euros.

Great looking Euro Ed. Mighty fine looking wood. Nice job.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Pretty little Euro Ed! I'm waiting for some stuff to be delivered tomorrow from CSUSA...included are 5 jumbo stabilized blanks so I can try my first Euros.
    Ken, I don't wish to put CS out of business, but you can do much better on selection and prices of blanks by buying from other penturners. A visit to one of the forums, e.g. : http://www.thepenshop.net/ will get you in contact with guys who like to sell blanks, often superior quality at very reasonable prices. Also, you do not need jumbo blanks for the Euro. Standard 3/4"X3/4" are just fine and cheaper than jumbos. I hear tell there are even a few penturners here that might be willing to do some blank trading.

Edit: BTW, forgot to comment on the pen. Lookin' good from here. Nothing wrong with the finish I can see. Some like much shiner, some like without a sheen. Depends on what the maker wants and the market demands.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Thanks for the comments guys, There are some rough spots on the pen, but I like it and plan on keeping this one! So far all of my blanks are from scraps I already have, but thanks for the tips on potential sources!

Nice pen Ed. I agree with what Frank said about CSUSA. They are great for pen kits and tools but I don't buy blanks from them. For the best finish possible on a pen check out this thread http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/foru...p?TID=596&PN=1

There is a learning curb but it is worth every bit of the pain.