Here we go again

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
OK - Running FireFox and everything seems honkey dorey, except, no matter how many times I go to the User CP and choose to have my pages display in Hybrid mode they always display in Linear. And, yes, I am remembering to save my changes.

What's up?:dunno:

[Wiping eyes and shaking head in disbelief...]
Did Clardy just successfully handle a tech support question? :eek: That's right along the lines of Merlau successfully diagramming a sentence. :rofl:

Nice call, Steve. :thumb:

One last time..............I hope.

I'm still having issues with windows. Is it safe to overwrite my XP with the disk and then go to MS and download the updates? What's the chance of loosing anything?:eek:

I can't open Media Player, even after two re-installs. I still have no windows search function. It's getting close to drop-kick into the pool time!

Hmmmm. Not being a Windows guy, I'll offer just this....

BACK-UP!!

Be sure all your important data is backed up. Check to see if you have all your application disks, and make a list of all passwords.....

Depending on the advice you get from other PC gurus, I would also consider, after all your backups and preps are done, erasing your HD, reformat and reload Windows. This will get rid of all of Norton and any other glitches you might have.

Hmmmm. Not being a Windows guy, I'll offer just this....

BACK-UP!!

Be sure all your important data is backed up. Check to see if you have all your application disks, and make a list of all passwords.....

Depending on the advice you get from other PC gurus, I would also consider, after all your backups and preps are done, erasing your HD, reformat and reload Windows. This will get rid of all of Norton and any other glitches you might have.
Sound advice. A friend has a 120 gig USB drive he's willing to lend me to do a back up to. I think this is a job for next week as I have this week off and I'm trying to spend most of it in the shop.