Thread: A little more seasoned Iron in my shop

A little more seasoned Iron in my shop

Here are the 2 shapers I brought back from my Dad's. I have a set of carbide raise panel door bits for the Davis & Wells shaper & a steel set for the Craftsman shaper.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Alan DuBoff is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Good looking stuff Bart!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Shop addition coming soon.......................................

I'd have to move because it is in the apartment building where I work & live. I don't imagine very many people that live in an apartment also have a shop of their own in the same building.

Yes I wish my shop was bigger but I am truly blessed my job for which I don't have to drive to work & an apartment with electricity & water,TV cable & internet & garbage & a good pay check & health, dental & eye insurance for both the LOML & myself. The management company paid for wiring in my shop. They also paid for a storage building in which I share as well as the storage area in the other apt. complex next door 13 years ago which I share.

Personally I think we all need to take stock occasionally in what blessings we have & be thankful for them.

Amen God bless America happy 4th of July to all of you across America.

Yes we would like to have a home of our own as well as a bigger shop fruit trees & a garden.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

A little more seasoned Iron in my shop

Ah Bart,

I see another good ole' resident manager. I guess we are in the same boat, so to speak. I don't have much room to call a shop here, (a maintenance / electrical room) but it's better than the bedroom or living room.

Yup, the "commute" to work kills me every day. I haven't had to drive to work in over 8 years.

I do have some old iron in my shop, except it's brand new. I recently got a nice old Delta shaper. I assembled it but I think I have to take it apart again and store it. No room to use it. I need space to bring my Unisaw in to use.

Aloha, Tony
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    ............. I don't imagine very many people that live in an apartment also have a shop of their own in the same building..............
    I do!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

That Davis and Wells in particular looks like a real honey, yer a lucky man. Once you get a shaper, sure is hard to use a router table for much other than slots and roundovers.

Both are cool shapers. Got to say I really like that Davis and Wells. There is a lot to like about that machine! The logo is way up there too.

The Craftsman, well it get high marks for uniqueness and bonus Cool and Unusual points!
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits