Band Saw Identification ( pic only)

Bob Wiggins

Former Member (by the member's request)
This saw will sell at auction and I would like to identify the brand if possible and the vintage would be a plus too. The only clue I have is one of the blade boxs to the right of the saw has what looks like the word Delta on it but that really doesn't mean much I guess. thanks, bob

Attachments

• b saw.jpg
    b saw.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 147
'zat their pic or yours? Looks like there's a logo on the front in red, so I'm assuming theirs. Kinda looks like an old Craftsman (dad had one like that), but that's a guess on a 20 YO memory, so I think you can figure what its worth :D

Looks like a nice old machine, whatever the manufacturer.

Delta Homedraft

Bob,

Swing on over to owwm.com and take a look under Delta at the 10" bandsaws. You'll find a few siblings for that one real quick.

Good Luck:thumb:
Aaron

yep, 10" delta Homecraft, late 40's early 50's vintage. Handy little buggers too! Refurbed one with the intent of selling it, but I quickly fell in love with it and kept it because it's so darn handy. I keep a small blade on it for fine scroll work and all those quickly cuts when I don't want to fire up the full size BS or TS.

Mike

The bandsaw auctioned today and indeed it is a Delta Homecraft. And now it and 6 new blades are in my pickup truck. I'll be searching for two tires that aren't cracked and possibly an owners/parts manual. Thanks for all the info. Bob

Attachments

• bandsaw auction 7-19-07.jpg
    bandsaw auction 7-19-07.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 31
Bob,
The orange poly tires will work fine on it as they have a crown and groove machined into the wheel. Two things to look out for, the wheels have loose roller bearings. Be careful when you rake them apart so you don't loose one. Second, the wheels are a touch under 10". You'll need to have a set made, I think I had them made 1" smaller than a normal 10" so they fit right. I got them from Iturra and he will custom make them to the size you need, just let him know what they go to.

Mike