Thread: really dumb act, Darwin candidate

really dumb act, Darwin candidate

While at the funeral of a distant relative today, my son, an emergency room physician was asked he had many fireworks accident patients last night. He said he had a few but only one serious.
    First, some background: My family has been very active in shooting traditional style muzzle loading firearms for many-many years. We use only real black powder. The boys were well trained in safety and, even as children, sold guns in my gunshop and taught muzzle loading handling and safety to adults. He knows black powder.
    The only serious accident he saw was a guy who badly damaged his hand while trying to place a LIT[firecracker into a box of black powder. Of course, it exploded, damaging his hand and blowing him backwards about ten feet. IMHO, he is lucky that his head remained attached.
    For those who might not know this, black powder is as explosive unconfined as it is confined. Modern smokeless powders must be confined to explode.
    My son said, that even after it all, the guy still didn't understand that what he did was stupid and dangerous. The gene pool doesn't need his kind.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Frank, just another case of Darwin at work. Just think, he is allowed to breed.

Maybe OSHA will want to put a safety lock on each grain of black powder. Or would it have worked better with some diesel fuel mixed in?

Interesting, must be related to this group of people who decided to make a huge slingshot and strap a teenager into the sling and launch it with a four wheeler. The dumbest 54 seconds of video you will ever see.

I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"