Thread: Veneer Fence

Veneer Fence

Sometimes you need a tall fence; sometimes you need to bring your upper BG down to the workpiece, making new jigs every time is a PITA so modular makes more sense. Formica laminate feeds soooo smooth. It adjusts from 0" -16" thickness and 4" -8" - 12" - and 16" heights. It also eliminates "chatter" by re-enforcing the frame right over the blade. Is this a tool gloat? Sorry

That's a pretty slick jig! If you don't mind sharing, can you give a little detail into how you built it?

Stack 4ea. - 2" x 4" x 1/8" alum. sq. tube sections 36" long using "Soft Touch" knobs" at the ends for easy install/remove. A 2" x 3" sq. tube clamps to the table AND supports a 1/4" plate that goes all the way up to support the frame adjacent to the upper BG extension bracket. The three ST knobs in back allow precision for perpendicular adjustment to the table OR the blade , whichever is most important to your application. They can push OR pull the fence into alignment whether you have one or all four fence modules in place. You can't see the 1" holes adjacent to the 9/32" through-holes but they're there when you open the bottom three sections. I could cut perfect 16" boards out of anything that's 16" (FINDING perfect 16" wood is my only problem now.) It's dandy for cutting the bark off firewood though!
    This is all experimentation leading to a linear-bearinged 1-3/4HP Veneer Monster re-saw which I hope to have in production at some point. It's niche will be cutting veneer off green trees, for which there is currently no demand whatsoever, but might become the "rage" for basket weaving giants of the future.

Thanks for the info!

Hi William,
    Very nice modular fence. I imagine once set up it is good to go for multiple runs of resawing. Thank you for these photos.
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how