Veneer Fence

Sometimes you need a tall fence; sometimes you need to bring your upper BG down to the workpiece, making new jigs every time is a PITA so modular makes more sense. Formica laminate feeds soooo smooth. It adjusts from 0" -16" thickness and 4" -8" - 12" - and 16" heights. It also eliminates "chatter" by re-enforcing the frame right over the blade. Is this a tool gloat? Sorry

Attachments

• Fence 6dsss.jpg
    Fence 6dsss.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 65
Stack 4ea. - 2" x 4" x 1/8" alum. sq. tube sections 36" long using "Soft Touch" knobs" at the ends for easy install/remove. A 2" x 3" sq. tube clamps to the table AND supports a 1/4" plate that goes all the way up to support the frame adjacent to the upper BG extension bracket. The three ST knobs in back allow precision for perpendicular adjustment to the table OR the blade , whichever is most important to your application. They can push OR pull the fence into alignment whether you have one or all four fence modules in place. You can't see the 1" holes adjacent to the 9/32" through-holes but they're there when you open the bottom three sections. I could cut perfect 16" boards out of anything that's 16" (FINDING perfect 16" wood is my only problem now.) It's dandy for cutting the bark off firewood though!
This is all experimentation leading to a linear-bearinged 1-3/4HP Veneer Monster re-saw which I hope to have in production at some point. It's niche will be cutting veneer off green trees, for which there is currently no demand whatsoever, but might become the "rage" for basket weaving giants of the future.

Attachments

• Fence 5ds.jpg
    Fence 5ds.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 41