Rockler router table

They make many models including a bench top so I'm not sure which one you mean but, in general I have been happy with my TS extension table from Rockler. I did have to add a more complete support frame when I switched to a big router due to sag.

Fin Closed-1-small.jpg

Their fence is very basic and very functional. Easy to add jigs and feather boards to. I guess what I'm saying is what they lack in sophistication and cost is made up for in versatility.

Last edited:

Just some considerations for the bench top model:

You lose about 3/4" of bit depth as there is no plate and the router mounts directly to the table.

The insert plates can be easily made from 1/8" hardboard.

You want to have a good amount of the piece you are profiling supported on the table so doing anything like raised panels for a kitchen cabinet door would get pretty hairy on this guy.

The fence, while short, has the same features of their longer fence; DC capable, t-slots for feather boards and bit guards, etc.

For smaller pieces this would probably serve you well. Being small isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have a small bench top jointer that I use within it's capabilities and it does a fine job.