Thread: I got hit in the face in my local Home Depot................

I got hit in the face in my local Home Depot................

..............when I came around the corner and saw a Shopsmith Demo being given. I was surprised out of my gourd.

Anyone elses HD been having Shopsmith demos? I've seen them at my local Lowes a few times but never at HD.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios View Post
    ..............when I came around the corner and saw a Shopsmith Demo being given. I was surprised out of my gourd.

Anyone elses HD been having Shopsmith demos? I've seen them at my local Lowes a few times but never at HD.
    It seems that something is going on with Shopsmith. You can read about it here.
    Al
    Watch videos from Woodworking in America in Berea, KY
    New blog URL: http://sandal-woodsblog.com/
    Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
    We will build your heirlooms

I had one for nearly 30 years - originally purchased for my 8x10 shop in an old coal bin beneath our apartment. It served me well, but I never liked changing functions - never as easy as they make it look - the table saw was a pain to adjust, and the components are just too expensive compared to what can be purchased as individual machines.

Just my opinion as a former SS owner.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    I had one for nearly 30 years - originally purchased for my 8x10 shop in an old coal bin beneath our apartment. It served me well, but I never liked changing functions - never as easy as they make it look - the table saw was a pain to adjust, and the components are just too expensive compared to what can be purchased as individual machines.

Just my opinion as a former SS owner.

I have one I picked up used for 130.00 several years ago. I like it at that price but sure can't see the few thousand they sell for now days... And the support is less than it should be. I bought several arbors because I was given incorrect information from the factory. I used to stop at Dayton to see what they had from time to time.

They started stores all over the country then went broke about 15 years back...

Garry

I got one free with the purchase of my old Delta saw. It was missing some tables but I picked those up on Ebay. I have never used it as a table saw but I love the 12" sanding with ethe tables and I use it as a lathe for the few times I need one. If the price is right ($200 or less) and you have the room I like them. I believe used they are very cheap for a drill press sander lathe combo machine. I have the big scroll saw and big belt sander as attachments for it as well as the powerstation (powerstation was also free) to run the sander. I like them. No way would I pay the big $$$money for them new now. When I was first looking at tools for the shop I was really looking at them though - that demonstration had me captivated. Glad I did not buy it new!