Thread: staying logged in

staying logged in

For whatever reason, I see that here, and other forums I belong to, my log-in remains, even after I shut down and reboot. This is new. Rebooting has always meant I needed to log in when returning to a forum. I did make some computer changes but nothing, I believe, would affect this. I reinstalled Norton's Systemworks ( without the virus protection, use something else) and disabled a whole bunch of start-ups that run in the background. Wassup?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Frank

Somewhere in the changes you have made the way that cookies are handled has been changed. Before the changes you had a setting somewhere (browser, Anti-spyware, anti-virus, take your pick) that deleted cookies either on shut down or on start up. That process has now ceased and the cookie that is created when you login (with the box checked) is persisting from one reboot to the next. Probably doesn't help much to track it down but thats the kind of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barley View Post
    Frank

Somewhere in the changes you have made the way that cookies are handled has been changed. Before the changes you had a setting somewhere (browser, Anti-spyware, anti-virus, take your pick) that deleted cookies either on shut down or on start up. That process has now ceased and the cookie that is created when you login (with the box checked) is persisting from one reboot to the next. Probably doesn't help much to track it down but thats the kind of change.
    Makes sense. Now, I'll devote the next three days looking for the box to uncheck.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire