Another "Uh oh Stu"...this one is serious-earthquake at Stu's....

Mark Rios

I just saw this story on the news and then found this story online:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22081851-601,00.html

and this one:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070716/wl_nm/quake_japan_dc_8;_ylt=As4O3ioi0x1HdTNxlAnSPL5kM3wV

It was a 6.6 (I heard 6.7) on the Richter scale and hit off of the central coast of Japan. Apparently, the area to the northwest of Tokyo was the hardest hit but stores in Tokyo did have product damage, according to news reports.

Hope poor Stu doesn't have too much damage to clean up. I"m sure that if anything held up it was his wine racks that he built not too long ago.

Here's thinking about you Stu and wishing you and your family the best! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hey Stu, AND Alex too,

Hope all is well over there with both of you.

Stu is getting it with both barrels.

Hope Mom is doing better too.

Let us know as soon as possible. We'll be waiting with fingers crossed.

Aloha, Tony

Thanks for the concern guys!

Earthquake.........? What earthquake :dunno:

Seriously, we just got home, spent the day at the beach, and then drove home, lots of traffic. We turned the TV on to catch some show my kids wanted to watch, and there was the news about the quake, seems fairly serious, lots of damage, but we did not feel it at the beach at all.

BTW, my Mom is doing a lot better, out of ICU, they want to keep her for a week, she still tires easy, but is now complaining that she is bored :D :wave:

Cheers!

Thanks for the concern guys!

Earthquake.........? What earthquake :dunno:

Seriously, we just got home, spent the day at the beach, and then drove home, lots of traffic. We turned the TV on to catch some show my kids wanted to watch, and there was the news about the quake, seems fairly serious, lots of damage, but we did not feel it at the beach at all.

BTW, my Mom is doing a lot better, out of ICU, they want to keep her for a week, she still tires easy, but is now complaining that she is bored :D :wave:

Cheers!

Think I spotted ya, quaffing black n' tan while noshing on BBQ pork. Wasn't sure though because you were hiding behind a beard but I really knew it was you when you pulled out the stogey. :wave:

Good times.

About the earthquake I started looking at the news around 5ish. They were lots of images of flattened houses. Fortunately there were few deaths. The archipelago is still holding up.

Glad to hear your mom is doing alright Stu.

glad to hear of your mom stu,, as you attested she's a strong lady:thumb: i learned at an early age the short folk are to be reconned with my mom is only 5.1 and is and was as powerful as a stick of nitro... thanks fo rthe update stu and we will keep pullin for her and your family..

Thanks everyone!

While away for the weekend, my Dad kept me updated by sending me e-mail to my cell phone, how cool is that!

I took some pics and sent them to him, so he could print them and take them to my Mom! :thumb:

We had a good weekend........

bbq_pig1.JPGbbq_pig4.JPGbbq_pig3.JPG
We had a nice BBQ pig it was really good. Our host, Kajimoto San, bought it already cookes, so we just had to warm it up on the BBQ, still, we did it slowly and it took 3 hours, but man was it good! :D

bbq_pig2.JPG
The kids at the party had mostly never seen a whole pig done BBQ before, so they got out the cell phones and took a ton of pics, I thought it was funny so I took a pic of them taking pics! :D

beach1.jpg beach2.jpg
Walking back from the beach, sure is a nice place (Zuhshi) would love to live there, but boy is it packed in the summertime!

emiko_bird.JPG
My lovely wife, with the hosts VERY friendly Cockatoo on her shoulder and a black and tan in her hand, yep she is a happy camper! :thumb:

girls_roodtop.jpg
Pic of my girls on the rooftop of the host's summer house, you can see we are not far from the beach at all.

Cheers!

those pics remind me of the hog roasts we used to do when i was a kid.....dig a pit with a backhoe, light a half cord of wood for coals, stuff a hog with lotsa fresh vegies, wrap `er in a sheet drenched in beer, throw a load of fresh cut clover on the coals, lower the hog onto the grass and cover it up with dirt....18-24hrs later...yum!