Cofee table and question...

Toni,

That is a great looking table and the joinery looks very nice. I like the use of the sculptured leg underneath although the only regret would be it is not seen so easily. About the lighter strip of wood I think it looks fine and if it were up to me I would leave it and let it darken on it own.

Many thanks to all of you for your opinions, encouragement and kind words.
It makes me feel like being in a great family and it honours the name of this forum.

I forgot to mention that the shape is not "for free", what I mean is that I designed it on purpose to have a specific place to put the TV or DVD remote control/s.

It sounds like I'm joking :rofl: but honestly that is the idea behind, I hate having to search around for the dammed control. (I don't wacht much TV though).

If you have some patience and want to see it, I'll post the "making of the coffe table"

BTW has any of you an easy way or piece of software to help me to downsize the pics for posting?

Thanks again to all of you again.

Attachments

• taula8.jpg
    taula8.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 18
Nice Table Tony, .....Interesting design!

Personally,.... I think the lighter wood in the middle gives it character. It really goes
well with this unique table.

You can always build the next one out a more a even color wood.

I really like the way you joined the single leg on the underside of the table,
Really cool :thumb:

Dave.

Last edited:
...BTW has any of you an easy way or piece of software to help me to downsize the pics for posting?

Thanks again to all of you again.
Toni, I use Irfanview for most of my resizing and cropping. It's a very powerful program, and best of all it's free. (I believe you can also get a Spanish version if you'd prefer.) You can check it out at www.irfanview.com. If you get it and need help resizing, just let me know. ;)

By the way, I like the idea of a place for the remotes. I once had a fabric-covered furniture that would stick to Velcro hooks. I put self-sticking Velcro on the back of my remotes, and I could stick them to the arm of the recliner chair or the side of the couch. :p

Thanks Vaughn.

I've dowloaded it, made some trials and now I can resize my pictures in one go using the batch processing option.
Great advice!

Wait for my next post:wave:

I forgot to mention that the shape is not "for free", what I mean is that I designed it on purpose to have a specific place to put the TV or DVD remote control/s.

Thats a good idea... sort of like the tool tray on some workbenches :thumb: