Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: smartest people in North America

smartest people in North America

Not a joke. The smartest people in North America are from Arkansas. The recent Mensa 2007 CultureQuest Superbowl of Knowledge competition was won by an Arkansas team. They were one of 130 teams from across NA. This is not the first time the competition has been won by an Arkansas team. Mensa members are in the top 2% of the population in intelligence. And, now, the Arkansas team is the top of the top. p.s. I'm not a member of the team.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Frank........is this still the contest where the Arkie team is the only team of adults competing against 1st grade teams?

They will have to build a new town for them to live in & call it Swollen-head Arkansas.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    They will have to build a new town for them to live in & call it Swollen-head Arkansas.
    That is funny. I took some zings on another forum.
    Actually, they come from the town of Eureka Springs which is known to be very eclectic, arty and unique in it's own way. As are the people there.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I have visited Arkansas a few times, does that count for anything?
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

Their greeting to each other... Eureka its another Swollen-head. Kinda like squash seeds they pop up where ever they hit the ground.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I have visited Arkansas a few times, does that count for anything?
    No. You weren't smart enough to stay.

Frank, is it the top 2% in intelligence, or rather the 2% who score at the top of a test which may or may not accurately measure intelligence....I don't know if I could get in to Mensa or not, but if I could, I wouldn't want to anyway....I'd rather be here among a community of woodworkers.

Quote Originally Posted by ken werner View Post
    Frank, is it the top 2% in intelligence, or rather the 2% who score at the top of a test which may or may not accurately measure intelligence....I don't know if I could get in to Mensa or not, but if I could, I wouldn't want to anyway....I'd rather be here among a community of woodworkers.
    I already pitched the article. But, you have it pretty much correct. It is a knowledge test. Whether or not it is a measure of intelligence, I'll leave up to the experts to debate. But, it is a team competition of the two-percenters. And the questions are doozies. e.g. Name the last twelve Popes and give their names before they were made Popes. So, I figure they have to be pretty friggin' smart to be the best of 130 teams.
    Everyone got the same test and categories were not announced before hand.
    I don't mean for this to get serious. But what intelligence is, is a mystery. Is the 'retarded' boy who can play complex piano concertos perfectly after hearing them once still retarded?
    Edit: I didn't really answer your question. The top 2% is from scientific tests that measure intelligence as in IQ. The competition was knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ken werner View Post
    I'd rather be here among a community of woodworkers.
    Hey! I resemble that remark! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk