smartest people in North America

Frank Fusco

Not a joke. The smartest people in North America are from Arkansas. The recent Mensa 2007 CultureQuest Superbowl of Knowledge competition was won by an Arkansas team. They were one of 130 teams from across NA. This is not the first time the competition has been won by an Arkansas team. Mensa members are in the top 2% of the population in intelligence. And, now, the Arkansas team is the top of the top. :thumb: p.s. I'm not a member of the team. ;)

Frank........is this still the contest where the Arkie team is the only team of adults competing against 1st grade teams?:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Frank, is it the top 2% in intelligence, or rather the 2% who score at the top of a test which may or may not accurately measure intelligence....I don't know if I could get in to Mensa or not, but if I could, I wouldn't want to anyway....I'd rather be here among a community of woodworkers.

Frank, is it the top 2% in intelligence, or rather the 2% who score at the top of a test which may or may not accurately measure intelligence....I don't know if I could get in to Mensa or not, but if I could, I wouldn't want to anyway....I'd rather be here among a community of woodworkers.

I already pitched the article. But, you have it pretty much correct. It is a knowledge test. Whether or not it is a measure of intelligence, I'll leave up to the experts to debate. But, it is a team competition of the two-percenters. And the questions are doozies. e.g. Name the last twelve Popes and give their names before they were made Popes. So, I figure they have to be pretty friggin' smart to be the best of 130 teams.
Everyone got the same test and categories were not announced before hand.
I don't mean for this to get serious. But what intelligence is, is a mystery. Is the 'retarded' boy who can play complex piano concertos perfectly after hearing them once still retarded?
Edit: I didn't really answer your question. The top 2% is from scientific tests that measure intelligence as in IQ. The competition was knowledge.

I passed on my invitation to Mensa because they can not typically tie their own shoelaces and I passed that test. Mensa does require a measured IQ of over 140 (I have 157 to 163 depending on the test and my sobriety) to be a member. I am much happier here with ya ll.

Frank......I hope you realize I was teasing!

In fact, next Monday I'm driving from northern Illinois to Conway, Ark to visit with a friend. Heading back on Tuesday to Illinois. Just be there for the evening.

...Mensa members are in the top 2% of the population in intelligence....

It's possible that their data is flawed. The smartest people are smart enough to realize they don't get much for their membership dues, and don't bother with the test. Perhaps it's more accurate to say that Mensa members are in the top 2% of the population in intelligence of those weren't smart enough to evade getting conned into taking the test and joining. :D

;)

Last edited:
I watch a lot of Court TV and there was mensa guy on there that just HATED his neighbors. He proceeded to poison some of them to death thinking he was smart enough to get away with it...he wasn't.

As I have said for years, No ONE person here is smarter than ALL of us put together!

I sure hope those "Arkie Mensa's" are nicer folks than the one that lived next door to us for 19 years. He cost me some money, (long story I won't go into), but he wasn't nearly as smart as he (AND his wife thought he was) as the Judge kicked his case out of court and severly chastised him for the Frivolent suit and told him he didn't EVER want to see him in his courtroom again. (That alone was worth the $1500 the whole deal cost me to defend my property). :thumb:

His wife told their friends (in Confidence), that he had been a "Roman Centurion" in a previous life. Needless to say, we made sure that she wasn't teaching at the school that our daughters attended.:D

I sure hope those "Arkie Mensa's" are nicer folks than the one that lived next door to us for 19 years. He cost me some money, (long story I won't go into), but he wasn't nearly as smart as he (AND his wife thought he was) as the Judge kicked his case out of court and severely chastised him for the Frivolent suit and told him he didn't EVER want to see him in his courtroom again. (That alone was worth the $1500 the whole deal cost me to defend my property). :thumb:

His wife told their friends (in Confidence), that he had been a "Roman Centurion" in a previous life. Needless to say, we made sure that she wasn't teaching at the school that our daughters attended.:D

Joe, Norman, actually the people who live in Eureka Springs are known for friendliness. Often eccentric and hard to understand by some folks, they are friendly. One of the team members used to live near me, he is a lawyer and I hired him a couple times. He now practices in coffee houses and accepts for payment whatever his 'clients' leave for him on the table.