Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Yeah... let's go for a ride

Oh Yeah... let's go for a ride

I did a 2 day training a few weeks ago and then applied for my motorcycle license - this week, I got my license in the mail and put my new bike on the road... a big week!!! Today - I had my first out of neighborhood experience - bike on the road...

I am hooked... show me yours... oh, and here's mine 2005 Triumph America - 865 cc -
    See ""

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Just beautiful Gail!

Triumph has always been my favorite motorcycle.

I don't have a bike of any kind anymore but here is the one I want.

Vespa GTS 250

I've had motorcycles. I've always wanted this scooter type body style. This thing will do 75 miles per hour, that's more than enough for me.

You sure will have loads of fun on that thing.

I bought a bike when I returned from Vietnam in 1971. I had two speeds on it: off and on. After several accidents - one really bad one - I came to my senses and sold it.

Here in California, the bikers who ride between cars on the freeway are known as "organ donors". I wish you the very best with your bike.

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Nice bike Gail. Congrats. I don't ride, but have a number of friends who do. (Lotta bikers in this part of LA.) The captain of my pool team, who's a little less than 5' tall and probably about 95 pounds dripping wet, has been riding since she was a teenager. (She had her 50th birthday a few years ago.) She and her husband just took off on their bikes (both have Harleys) for a four week trip to Ohio and points in between.

The Triumph looks like it'll fit you (and your personality) well. Do be careful.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Congratulations, that did sound like a big week. Myself I am not into motorcycles, but I do love riding snowmobile and yes I am having withdrawals. In fact it was so bad last week I fired up my sled and rode it around the lawn a few times....I probably looked stupid, but until snow comes I don't have much choice.

Of course you do know that they now make a motorcycle for us snowmobilers. It resembles a sled and kind of rides and operates like one, so if I had 15 grand kicking around I might buy one of these guys...

I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gail O'Rourke View Post
    I am hooked... show me yours... oh, and here's mine 2005 Triumph America - 865 cc -
    Looks sweet. How's the muffler on that? I think motorcycles are fine, as long as they have a decent muffler on them.

Here's my daily driving bike. It's got front and rear disk brakes, and gets great mileage...
    Attachment 10817

Great bike Gail, congrats!

For me, take your pick.......

An original 1985 Suzuki GSXR750! I sold this bike to a guy in the US who raced it in the Super Dinosaur class in California and was the champ for two years running!

2001 Suzuki GSXR 600 full on race bike, even in the rain (on rain tires) this thing was FAST and FUN!

1997 Honda VTR1000f Firestorm, big v-twin, I just loved this bike!

1995 Suzuki RMX 250R in full on Supermotard form, this bike was VERY hard at my drivers license

But a ball to ride!!

1997 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm, with a 2002 Euro spec motor in it, here in track trim.

OK, I'll Stop
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I don't ride motorcycles as I think they are dangerous. Yours looks neat. Be safe.
    I think I'll go trail riding in the forest today with my ATV.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Make sure ya wear a helmet preferably full faced....I didn't once....only once.

37 stitches around the eyes and down the cheek.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

I believe in ATGATT which stands for "All The Gear All The Time" and it is important to me.

Even riding my little 50 cc scooter around the hood doing deliveries, I have a Good 3/4 helmet on, glove, good boots and a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket, and long pants.

People think I'm nuts, but for me, even falling off at 10 mph is going to hurt in a t-shirt, without gloves, so I wear the gear, all the time.

On the big bikes, that go a lot faster, only my Aerostitch Roadcrafter or full leathers will do, even in the heat..........

That day it was 43C (110F) and I think I was drinking about a quart of water every 30 minutes (that Camel Back thing is great!).

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward