The making of the Coffee table

Thanks Scott.

The one in your avatar is great as well.
Do I guess right if it has plenty of storage room inside?? I think it is a very good solution to store all those things and magazines that othervise would be laying around on the living room.

Hi Gail, Sam, Bruce and Garry.

Thanks for your encouraging comments, I get more motivation in this forum than anywhere else.
It is a pity that we are all so far apart.

Gee, Toni, I must apologise for being so late with this. I wrote a post the other day, but due to an evening filled with computer glitches, I lost the post, and then got busy the next day and forgot all about it. :eek:

Anyhow, thanks for posting such a great documentary on the making of such an intricately designed and built table. I'll agree with another post that said you truly are an artist, working in Wood.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

What's next on the project list?

Are you getting hit with the Big Heat wave there. I saw on the news today that Athene was like 114* F yesterday, and even hotter a few days before. It sure wasn't like that the times I was there. Those temps are similar to Phoenix and Las Vegas here in the summer.

Hi Norman.

Thanks for your input, I'm glad that you like it.:)

The next thing I'm going to try is a "backless" chair or a stool that looks like a chair, I can foresee that the joinery is going to be tricky, so I will need all help I can get from any of you.

As far as the heat wave is concerned, well... :eek: we are used to those, the same as people in some areas of the U.S. although I must say that here in Spain usually temperature doesn't reach the levels of Greece, but it gets quite close to them.

Toni, I must have missed this while I was busy remodeling three rooms of my house, so I am sorry I missed it!

Great pictorial! And all I can say about the table is stunning, simply stunning!!!:thumb:

Truly amazing!! I'm not sure leaves me in greater awe, the hand construction, the construction of such a beautiful piece or the mind of the artist that would and could visualise it, sketch it and then bring it to life. Truly amazing!!

cheers eh?

Toni, thanks for the great documentation of a great project which produced a great table! I really like the table the first time that you showed us pictures of it and I like it even better now that I see how you designed it and built it.

Last edited: