365-1/4 days later...

Well we had a birthday party at my place today...Alyson's first birthday to be exact. Its hard to believe its been a total of 365 and one quarter days since she has been born, but it has. Now its on to bigger and better things. For starters she gets to sit in her car seat facing forward starting today, plus she can drink straight, real milk (100% whole milk, full organic of course) and she gets to start potty training...yeah!!

As for her Dad, well its a happy and sad day. He has to choke it up and realize he no longer has an infant, but a toddler...oh well, bring it on, I handled the first 365 days pretty well as everyday she mad me laugh, and amazed me.

Here is a picture of Alyson's first birthday cake...we will have a big birthday party this weekend. This was taken about ten minutes ago.

SANY0199.JPG

Congrats Alyson & dad, she is a beauty!
My middle daughter has a 4 year old daughter of her own now and my youngest graduated collage this year. It seems like just last week they were sitting in a high chair. It goes by too darned fast!

What ever you do
DON"T BLINK!! it will seem in no time flat she is getting married

But is grass fed no grain?

No they get grain, but organic grain which means no chemicals in their grain or chemical fertilizers to help encourage their feed (corn, hay, silage, etc). At the same time, no growth hormones added to the milk. In fact even the standard off the shelf milk here in Maine, artificial growth hormones are banned. We don't use it on my family's small (100 head) dairy farm.

To be honest with you, I only know a few of the rules and regs on organic farming as the US Dept of Agriculture has a 900 page document that must be passed for a farm to be certified organic. My family's farm certainly is not, though I certainly think a glass of chocolate milk straight from the bulk holding tank in the parlor is the best tasting chocolate milk you can get, even if it is not pasteurized or organic. :thumb:

Congrats Travis, it is a milestone!

Everyone is sure right, don't take long at all you blink once or twic and they go from this...........

emsmall.jpg

to this..........

girls_roodtop.jpg

Yep, just a blink or two, maybe a yawn tossed in :D

Cheers!