Mobile workbench

Hi Dennis,
Mine is more a work "Table."
I intend to build sliding trays under it for my Festools.

http://dontee.sistmllc.com/worktable/index.html

Also, I just replaced the glueup top with two sheets of MDF and a sheet of Masonite.

100_1690.jpg

DT

Hi Don.

I am also thinking about building a wheeled work table, but I'm tinkering with the idea of making it adjustable in height by means of a scissor system( I don't know if this is the word to describe it).:huh:
In this way I could put ready assembled pieces on top to sand or paint at a comfortable height to work on depending on the size of the piece instead of climbing on top of a crate or kneel down.

Do you think it could useful or that it will be too much work just to have a working surface that most of the time will problably be adjusted to two heights at a maximum?

Thanks

Don-what kind of casters did you use/ where did you get them?

Toni
Noden adjust-a-bench makes adjustable legs for as workbench, they're kind of expensive ($430 to $590 + shipping). Do a search on Amazon for Noden-adjust-a-bench & you'll see them (if I could figure out how to insert a link to Amazon,I would)

Dennis

Here's the Noden URL
http://www.adjustabench.com/

That's the route I plan on taking. Thought I was ready to take the plunge 2 weeks ago, but decided to wait until after a neighborhood garage sale (this coming weekend) before ordering. It'll be one less thing I have to get out of the way for setting up garage sale stuff. Plus I'm still waffling between using one of their standard tops or making my own top. Also still wondering about whether to use Noden's casters or buying the caster mounting plates from them and using Zambus casters instead.

Hi Denis and Dough.

Thanks for the info, but living in Spain makes it even more expensive having to pay for shipping plus custom taxes, although it has stirred up some ideas in mind.

Doug
How do you insert a link into a message ?
Thanks
Dennis

I'm using the standard Windows editing keystrokes to get things into and out of the Windows Clipboard: Cut (Ctrl-X), Copy (Ctrl-C), Paste (Ctrl-V). These same options usually also appear on the Edit Menu from whatever application you happen to be using (probably Windows Internet Explorer in your case). Most of these same options will also appear on Right-Click popup context menus once you have selected (by dragging your mouse over text to highlight it) text.

The Pasting part is a bit more simple so I'll start there. With the link already in the windows clipboard (I'll get to that), you can either use the Ctrl-V, Edit Menu->Paste, or right-click popup menu to insert it into a post you're editing.

There are a couple of methods for getting the link into the clipboard in the first place.
1) If you're browsing a webpage, clicking in the URL Address area should highlight the URL path.
Then use either Edit->Copy, Ctrl-C, or RightClick Context Menu->Copy

2) Right clicking on a shortcut in your Favorites view will get a Popup menu. Choose Properties at the bottom. The popup window should show the URL already highlighted when it opens. Use Ctrl-C

3) Some sites will also have a Copy Shortcut option on Right Click Context Menus that will place the URL into the clipboard

Toni
Another alternative could be a solid door on a pair of Stanley Fat Max adjustable sawhorses. The horses adjust from 32" to 39" in height, you wouldn't have wheels on them but you could move them easily (although the solid core door is pretty heavy, I use one for my workbench)
Dennis

Don
I hate to be a pain (but of course I will be).
What size casters did you use?
Were they swiveling or non swiveling?
With four hole mounting plate or 1/2" mounting hole?
Thanks again
Dennis

Don
I hate to be a pain (but of course I will be).
What size casters did you use?
Were they swiveling or non swiveling?
With four hole mounting plate or 1/2" mounting hole?
Thanks again
Dennis

I used the 3 1/2" castor from WoodCraft. All swivel and double locking. Four hole mount.

DT