Slow, but sure.....

Bill Arnold

Staff member
.....or is that just sure slow!?!?!?

Putting my new shop together is taking a lot longer than I had hoped, but at least it's getting more serviceable as I progress. Someday, maybe I can be a more productive participant in the Forum as well.

My latest accomplishment is completion of support/outfeed benches around my tablesaw. One of the benches also serves as my router table. I need to add a few electrical outlets around the assembly and build a dust collection box under the router.

Well, back to work for now -- it ain't gettin' done with me sitting on my brain! :D

Attachments

• 20070719a.jpg
    20070719a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 104
Wow! That's some shop taking shape there! I'm green with envy! ;)

Just curious about one thing: Won't your router setup interfere if you're ripping a piece of ply? Or is it easily deconstructed?

Thanks,

Bill

:eek: Bill, are you sure that table is big enough?
Well, size may not be everything, but it helps in certain situations. :thumb:

Actually, I was going to place the router table/bench a few feet behind the tablesaw originally. After umpteen re-thinks on the entire layout, I decided to place it to the left of the tablesaw so it will serve double duty.

The outfeed table extends 48" beyond the tablesaw for a total of 75". Each of the side benches matche the tablesaw/outfeed combo in length. I have 56" of support from the blade to the edge of the bench to the left of the tablesaw, so I can lay out a full 4'x8' sheet prior to cutting. There's 68" of support to the right of the blade.

Overkill? Maybe. But I'm sure I'll learn to live with it! :D

Wow! That's some shop taking shape there! I'm green with envy! ;)

Just curious about one thing: Won't your router setup interfere if you're ripping a piece of ply? Or is it easily deconstructed?

Thanks,

Bill
Speaking of green -- there's plenty of that in this effort, for sure! One of these days I'll have to sell something to help offset it!!!

The fixed portion of my Incra fence is mounted on a piece of Melamine with four mounting bolts that mate with threaded inserts in the table. If I need the additional space, I can remove the fence to a wall bracket in less than a minute.

Now that's an outfeed tabe. You'll get plenty of exercise just walking around that thing. Looks great, and I'm envious of the room, too. :thumb:

:eek: WOW! :eek:

What a great Tablesaw/Router setup!

How about some more pictures of that bill?

DT