Maxing out the server?

glenn bradley

I have been getting directed to an error page about over utilizing the server. I am just browsing and responding to posts. Any other reports? Different machines from different locations, same problem at least 2 or 3 times during a given FWW browsing session. Just FYI.

I have been getting directed to an error page about over utilizing the server. I am just browsing and responding to posts. Any other reports? Different machines from different locations, same problem at least 2 or 3 times during a given FWW browsing session. Just FYI.
Yes - This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Several tims in the past 10 min.

We've been running into that error message a bit recently. Marty has been working with our hosting company to try to get it ironed out. So far it tends to go away within a few minutes, but we still would like to stop it from showing up.

Don't mean to veer off here Vaughn if I am, but is this why the pic restrictions seem to have changed. Used to be if I met the size OR the pixel req's I could post. Now it seems I have to meet both. I'm adjusting my methods on Photoshop but still get pretty poor pic quality by the time I scrunch 'em down.

Glen,

Are you using photoshop's 'save for web' feature? We used to use that with almost no drop in display quality...

I posted some pics today with just the xp power toy image resizer... that way I don't need to launch photoshop... seems to work...

Just a thought,

Thanks,

Bill

Glenn, as far as I know, the pic limits have been unchanged since we started. They're set at 800 pixels max in any one direction and about 107 KB in file size. I hadn't noticed it allowing pics that didn't fit both criteria. Are there any here in older posts you can point me to? (Just a point of curiosity.) :huh:

Glenn,

If you will send me the original pic (full size), I'll play around and test post it. Like Vaughn said, I haven't seen any changes, and don't have any probs posting good quality...using save for web...as Bill mentioned.

My email addy is in my profile.

Thanks Vaughn and Greg. I'll assume (as usual) that it is a personal problem and I just happened to start trying to post larger pics. Very possible.

Greg, email sent.

Ok folks, I'm aware of, and attempting to address the CPU Quota messages. As Vaughn indicated, it appears, and usually within a minute or two, goes away. That's part of what makes it tough for me to diagnose properly.

As for the image posting, I have made NO CHANGES to size or byte count limits since we started.

As Vaughn said, if we can have examples of stuff that used to work, and doesn't now, we might be able to help.

Sorry again about the CPU quota messages. I'm working on it...:doh:

- Marty -

Glen,

Are you using photoshop's 'save for web' feature? We used to use that with almost no drop in display quality...

I posted some pics today with just the xp power toy image resizer... that way I don't need to launch photoshop... seems to work...

Just a thought,

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Bill. I'll give that a try. I was resizing via 'image size' and entering my values. I have used the save for web tool before and don't remember why I changed. Knowing me it was probably totally unrelated to the forum and the habit just stuck.