"Dust Collector Remote"???

I use the PSI Woodworking LR110-3 110V Long Ranger Dust Collector Switch I got through Amazon.
Why? :huh: I dunno -- saw it on-line and ordered it.
Am I sorry? NO, :thumb: it works great from anywhere in the shop (20' x 28').
Only problem -- where did I put the $%&@ remote :rofl: :rofl:

I have a small basement shop, so I don't use an actual remote. However I picked up a big on/off push button switch (like for a router table). I have my DC connected to it. Currently it is sitting right next to my table saw on an assembly bench. Eventually when I run ductwork, I am planning on suspending it from the ceiling in the center of the shop.

Several years ago, I got Remote combo's for my outside Christmas decorations. I ended up with an extra. It consists of an receptacle with a built in receiver and an on/off transmitter. Cost about $6.00. Been usin' it ever since. Works great.

Bruce

For something different....

For each of my power tools that are attached to the cyclone, I have installed a magnetic sensor that detects when the tool is turned on. That sensor causes a transistor in the sensor housing to conduct/close. That closing of the transistor completes the circuit of a 12V DC power supply.(thermostat wire connects the sensor to a small control panel near the cyclone.) That circuit is attached to a pair of 250V, 50 Amp, solid state relays that in turn start the motor on the cyclone.

When I turn off the power tool, the cyclone continues to run for an additional 10-12 seconds before powering down. The added run time is provided by a large capacitor across the 12V line to the relays.

Now I need to build an electrical blast gate for each tool to complete the tool automation of the process. (I have been saying that for a couple years.:eek: )

I got this one free from Rockler:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10740&filter=remote

I won a benchtop router table in a drawing, and convinced the manager to let me have the remote instead -- about half the retail price -- since I already had a much better RT. 90% of my DC needs are at the lathe, so I keep the remote clipped to the headstock. When I'm using other connected tools, I clip the remote to a belt loop and always have it handy.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/h5397

Shopfox for 220 volts $34.95 2 remotes it works great.

Same here ... works great!

As for losing the remote ... one hangs above the tablesaw and the other hangs on the strap of my shop apron ... I also keep my rule, tape measure and a pencil or two in my apron so I almost always have it on. But if I don't, the other one hangs on a hook above the table saw - and really shouldn't move. It stays there 90% of the time, thankfully :D

I use the Long Ranger from PSI with the 3hp cyclone from Woodtek. Each blastgate has a switch to activate the DC. I find it is more convenient than having to open the gate then use a remote which I would probably have to hunt for anyway. One thing I discovered was the magnetic switch that comes with the DC was directly replaceable with the 220/440v switch from PSI. All it took was a small rewiring and making a wood spacer to mount the switch on. It was quite simple.

Long Ranger on my Oneida 1.5 HP. Works well, no issue with range (I sometimes forget to take it off my belt and sit on it at the other end of the house turning the DC on and leaving me to wonder "what is that noise I hear?")