Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: table saw pusher

table saw pusher

No, not for pushing the table saw around.
    Being one who wishes to eventually get buried with all ten fingers still in place, I was always unhappy with my store-bought pusher that I use(d) for the table saw. It has only about a 1/8" lip for actual pushing. Using a scrap hunk of walnut, I knocked out this thing that looks like a handle wanting a saw. It's pretty hefty, almost an inch thick but it gives a good grip and the pusher part is about 1/2". I was going to cut a fancy shape into it but left the wood for extra weight. Might add some brass screws or tacks later just to fancy it up. Hopefully, with this, and other cautionary measures I'll always be able with all ten.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Your pusher looks great but it is limited in what it can do.

http://www.microjig.com/ Grippers.

Yes they cost a little but can do so much more, even more in pairs. You'll do work with these & you'll wonder how you ever did without them.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Looks good, Frank. Around here I have a hard time calling a 1" thick piece of walnut "scrap".
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Looks nice, Frank. But, is the handle orientation a bit low..pointing too straight back rather than up a bit to keep your wrist/arm agled up?

I made a similar one.

The Grrrrripers are nice, but I already have the Delta Blade Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cook View Post
    Looks nice, Frank. But, is the handle orientation a bit low..pointing too straight back rather than up a bit to keep your wrist/arm agled up?

I made a similar one.

Greg I have something similar that I made using the top part of an Exaktor system. The Grippers work fine with it.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cook View Post

I made a similar one.

Greg, you did give me something to think about. It is the same angle as my store-boughten American-Vermont Push Shoe. But, I did leave plenty of 'meat' there and can change the angle. You might see it happen. Thanks.
    That Grrripper thingy looks good. Mine may be limited, but it matches my abilities. I didn't see a price, but, I'm guessing that Grrripper thingy costs about $50.00.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Now that pusher's got class. Greg likes his handle over the work like the one of mine pictured here in the back. The handle is removable so I can replace or just change shape of the block as required.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 07-22-2007 at 12:01 AM.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Great Looking!!

Frank,
    Like your design. Made 2 (only 1 out of 1/2 ply and 1 out of 3/4 birch ply). I too use them with the dogs and works great. Have a little more height on mine. Great looking compared to mine also.
    Chuck

Well would have shown you, but keeps telling me error on page

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    Greg I have something similar that I made using the top part of an Exaktor system. The Grippers work fine with it.
    Bart,

Could you post a couple more pictures of your blade guard taken at different angles? Its a pretty intersting design.
    We create with our hands in wood what our mind sees in thought.
    Disclosure: Formerly was a part-time sales person & instructor at WoodCraft in Buffalo, NY.
    www.tinyurl.com/thewoodshoppe

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Now that pusher's got class. Greg likes his handle over the work like the one of mine pictured here in the back. The handle is removable so I can replace or just change shape of the block as required.
    Glenn,

I like your collection!

Seeing the picture of your collection, I can't help but think of some TV ad from my childhood.....Anouncer's voice: "Collect them all! Trade with your friends!"
    We create with our hands in wood what our mind sees in thought.
    Disclosure: Formerly was a part-time sales person & instructor at WoodCraft in Buffalo, NY.
    www.tinyurl.com/thewoodshoppe