3 of a kind...

Yes I've seen him pull currently he's leading 2007 NTPA Region 2 & Region 2 Enderle Point Standings.

Heavy Super Stocks ( Through Mt. Vernon, OH)

Jerry VanDorpe Screamin Demon II Charlotte, MI 233

Delynn Kale Ride The Lightning Richwood, OH 227
3 Keigm Parobek My Other Dear W. Salem, OH 198.5
4 Heath Weilnau Sin Wagon Monroeville, OH 177
5 Charlie Ross How Handle Engineering Zanesville, OH 156
6 Roger Henry The Bank Buster West Chester, OH 101
7 Kent Payne Veedersburg, IN 98
8 Wilbur Henes Pumpkin Gone Mad Saline, MI 94
9 Mark Wiederhold Bare Necessities Clarksville, OH 71
10 Roger Earley All Business Sabina, OH 69

BUT NOTHING RUNS LIKE A DEERE:clap:

JEFF;)

Barn is getting closer to done....ran out of steel for the walls, lumber yard should be getting more in tomorrow.

100_3574.jpg

100_3571.jpg

Poured 11 yards of concrete Saturday...
100_3573.jpg

Dad went out and bought another one (Rumley oil pull tractor replica) over the weekend....barn is already gonna be tto small. :rofl:

You need a red one to round out that nice collection. ;)
My Massey-Harris will be up for sale as soon as I figure out how to get it from the repair shop to home. Don't have a trailer anymore and all my friends with them have either died or given up farming too.
BTW, over the years I used my Massey, I didn't have any barns, it sat outside. Learned quickly that hoses sun rot in very short order. I had to replace fuel lines sometimes after only a few weeks.

We have tractor pulls here about twice a year. Have never been to one. Will have to try sometime. Folks tell me my Massey-Harris is a good puller. I never had the desire to tear it up finding out. ;)

Steve,

That some pretty nice JD gear you got there! Mighty impressive.

I like the addition you added. Did you get the steel siding from a local yard? I also have a pole barn sided the same way and have been thinking about adding a 2 sided addition with a roof to store some of the lawn tools to get them out of the sun. Nothing big, 8'x10'. I haven't priced the materials yet, but I got a feeling that a few PT posts and 2x4's and some siding is cheaper than buying a pre-cut 8x10 shed kit. I already have enough shingles left over from the first barn to take care of the roof needs. Is this steel very expensive? What would I actually call it when I ask for it at the yard?

Jeff,

this is steel from Fabral. The sheets I am using are 36 inches wide and 10 foot long, the cost is around $25.00 per sheet. I get it from the local Mom and Pop lumber yard, I don't buy from Lowes, Menards etc.....way too many bad expieriences so I buy from the local lumber yard. They give excellent service and bend over backwards to help me out.

Steve, we finally got 3/4 inch of rain since that first picture, but it hasn't green'd anything up .....well, the tractors are still Green. :D

To add to what Steve said, you can order it in the lengths you need. I used the non-outdoor rated stuff for my shop ceiling and storage area side a wall that separates my shop from the storage area. I only had to cut the piece that went around the doorway. Make sure you buy the matching gasketed screws from the lumberyard. They pierce the steel and self drill into the wood in a few seconds when run in with a nut driver bit in a drill.

Steve, you've only gotten 3/4" of rain? We're probably at around 6" down here in the past few weeks. I've mowed the lawn more in the past few weeks than the rest of the spring/summer combined.

Steve, you've only gotten 3/4" of rain?

That's it Matt, it's been dryer than a popcorn fart around here. Seems like the rains are all around us, heck the only mowing I have done in a month is for weeds...they seem to continue to grow even in drought like conditions.

...yeah Jeff, make sure you use those screws for installation of steel siding, makes for a nicer job and that way if you pull the tractor in the barn and forget about the bean puller snout in front which will poke a hole in the steel when you aren't paying attention, it is easier to remove the damaged sheet and put in a new one with screws.....speaking from expierience on that one:eek:

Hot everywhere. Hitting 100 every day lately. At least I don't have to mow as much. BTW, my mower is green. Craftsman. :rofl: When I feel bad about the heat, I think of my son-in-law in Kuwait. 140 daily. And the rest of the troops in Iraq, about 115 daily.

That's the way we were in June and early July. Only the clover and some wiry weeds you couldn't see until you got up close were growing. Those were a pain to mow too--the mower would just lay them down instead of cutting them. Now though the grass is green and growing like mad. I mowed the night before last and probably should mow again before the end of the weekend. Crazy what 100 miles will do.

Done!!!

Now the overhead door guy just needs to install the 12 x 8 overhead.

Dad did park a couple of the tractors in just before I left.

Last time I looked he had a grin on his face as he was sitting in the shade of the barn.

100_3583.jpg