Arky CARE Package

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Got a box in the mail yesterday -- a heavy box from Arkansas. Turns out Frank Fusco has hit upon a brilliant way to clean up his shop, :p and at the same time help a fellow woodworker. The box had several usable scrap pieces of walnut, and a good-sized hunk of some pretty-looking maple as well. I see some smaller turned items like shallow dishes, pens, collars and finials in the mix:

Scraps from Frank.jpg

So a big Thank You to Frank for the goodies! :wave:

You know I got to hand it to you, that is a true win-win situation. I have never thought about doing something like that before, but it makes sense.

To tell you the truth, I waste a lot of wood. Not in my projects but just because I have quite a bit of land and a sawmill. By the time you square everything up, and rip stuff down, you end up with a lot of odds and ends. I always burned them, but with this post it got me to thinking that maybe some other woodworker would have a use for them. Now I certainly don't want to pass on any garbage wood, but from now on I might make a spot for these odds and ends and see what collects. Its probably of use to someone.