Gross Stabil clamps on sale

Chip Charnley

First let me apologize to those who feel two eCLUB broadcasts in one week is too many. It might be but we wanted to let all of you in a deal that's hard to pass up. First a little background.

Bessey recently purchased the clamping business of Gross Stabil. Not sure of all the details but both of these companies make some awesome, high quality clamps. Although Bessey's K-Body Parallel Jaw Clamps have an outstanding reputation for performance, Gross Stabil engineered what may have been the only truly competitive clamp of the same or higher caliber than the K-Body. In fact, some would argue the German made PC-2, with 1,100 pounds of clamping force, is a better clamp.

I don't know enough about the technical differences to give an opinion; I just know that the PC-2 clamps are of unbelievably high quality, at least in my book.

So here's the deal, Bessey will no longer be manufacturing the Gross Stabil PC-2 clamp and are in the process of unloading their inventory. That's where the good deals come in. From what we understand, their inventory is limited and is being sold off on a first come first served basis. That's the reason for annoying you with another broadcast.

So if you want a top notch, German made clamp, here's your chance. One more thing, we haven't previously carried the PC-2 clamps, so the regular price listed below is what we found on various web sites. Suggested retail is probably higher.

CLOSE OUT SALE
GROSS STABIL PC-2 PARALLEL CLAMPS

PRODUCT NUMBER CAPACITY* REG PRICE eCLUB SAVE COUPON CODE
13B-PC2.12S 12” $45.95 $19.95 $26 PC26
13B-PC2.18S 18” $46.95 $21.95 $25 PC25
13B-PC2.24S 24” $48.95 $23.95 $25 PC25
13B-PC2.32S 32” $51.95 $26.95 $25 PC25
13B-PC2.40S 40” $55.95 $28.95 $27 PC27
13B-PC2.48S 48” $59.95 $29.95 $30 PC30
13B-PC2.60S 60” $64.95 $31.95 $33 PC33

*All PC-2 Clamps have a 3-1/2” throat.
As you may have noticed, you're paying less than 50% of the current street price.

http://www.woodpeck.com/pc2clamps.html

PC-2 Clamps will ship beginning Tuesday August 7th, 2007.

I was about to post this and then saw that Chip had. I ordered some and you will have to include the coupon code (PC26, etc.) in order to get the price. Shipping for 4 clamps for me was about $16.

I don't really need them, but I really like these clamps, so I forced myself to order two more of the 40" models. It's a shame that Bessey is dropping the line. I really prefer the GS clamps over the K-Bodies.

This really wasn't the best time for buying more clamps but since they won't be around any more, I just ponied up for 4-32, 2-12, and 1-18. Now I've got to get a bigger clamp rack. Already have 13 of of these PC2's. I really like them. Too bad Bessey is discontinuing them.

I got my clamps today. I ordered two 40 inchers and received one 40" and one 50". I'm guessing they ran out of the shorter ones. I'll live with the discrepancy. ;)

50" ??? Is that a 60" typo or maybe a guess at a 48"? I dont see a 50" listed. Just curious.
I believe the 48" actually is a typo on the Woodpeckers website. Included with the clamps was a flyer printed by Bessey to advertise the inventory blow out sale. They list a PC2-40S 40" clamp and a PC2-50S 50" clamp. No 48" clamps mentioned in the Bessey literature.

Yup Doug,

My four 50" clamps arrived today, in a seperate box from my four 24" clamps! :D

Thanks to Chip for the original post! I needed more good clamps, and that price was darn hard to beat! :thumb:

- Marty -

Cool. Looks like yooze guys got 2" fer free. I'm just glad all mine showed up intact, despite holes in the boxes. I had a Woodcraft sale order show up a few months back missing one whole clamp plus 3 jaw faces and 1 footpad. Everything got taken care of except the missing footpad and I got a free clamp out of the snafu. But I've pretty much given up hope of getting a replacement footpad for it now. I might buy a few jaw face liners just in case if there are still some available.

Last edited:
Yeah, one of mine was missing the footpad. I figured since I got a 50" for the 40" price, I'd let it slide. I expect the missing pad will affect my work.

Just in case anyone's so inclined, I thought picking up some of the replacement jaw liners might be smart since I dont think Bessey's parts support on these is likely to be ongoing. Took a fair amount of Google searching and website visits, but finally found some in stock at
http://www.mikestools.com/gross-stabil-replacement-pads_1742.aspx
Dont have them my hands yet but just got the shipping/tracking confirmation.