Darn, must resist!! Well maybe not?

Jeff Horton

Here I am trying to finish up my last two machines and something else gets dumped in my lap. DeWalt GA radial arm saw. This is the one of the big boys. 14" blade and price is very good. I don't need it but it sounds like a great deal. I hate it when this happens!!

Of course there is the likelihood I could buy it, doll it up and then resell it. Make a few bucks. It would be easier if I was working tomorrow but I am not. The force is strong and I feel it calling me......:bang:

Anyone looking for a RAS?

You walking away from an old piece of iron like that....it just ain't right. :huh:

:rofl::rofl:

I know, I have a reputation to keep up.

Seriously don't need this one and if I knew I could resell it I wouldn't hesitate. But this is a seriously big saw. A lot of people would be intimidated by it. Heck my 12" was intimidating at first. Plus it would take up a lot of space.

On the plus side price is good. Arn Fest is coming up in October and I can get it hauled up. That might be the ticket for selling it.

Then of course that is money that I need to spend on the bandsaw.

:dunno: :huh:

I know, I have a reputation to keep up.

Seriously don't need this one and if I knew I could resell it I wouldn't hesitate. But this is a seriously big saw. A lot of people would be intimidated by it. Heck my 12" was intimidating at first. Plus it would take up a lot of space.

On the plus side price is good. Arn Fest is coming up in October and I can get it hauled up. That might be the ticket for selling it.

Then of course that is money that I need to spend on the bandsaw.

:dunno: :huh:

Yup Jeff,

A GA is big alright...so big in fact that it just about filled the bed of my truck:

DSCN5643.jpg

I say go for it! There are always people looking for the biggun's...especially if it's the long arm model like mine is! :thumb:

- Marty -

I decided to pass on this one Marty. My GP is only slightly smaller and there isn't enough difference/advantage to that one to justify another restoration. If is a long arm, well that would be another story.

If that add is still there I will call the fellow toward the end of the week and see if he still has it. If he is willing drop the price, then I would buy it. If I could get it at bottom feeder price I know I could put some work in it and make some money on it. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense. And I refuse to fill my shop with machines that I am not going to use or can make money on. I am just not much of a tool collector.

It's not a dewalt but you gotta love em
100_0092.jpg

Reg