New Beginning

Reg Mitchell

Well a little over due but here at last. I will be starting a remodel of my down stairs starting a few days ago. I will be reflooring the down stairs recaseing the doors and building cabinets. Its a long term project and organizing is a bit hectic. The floor sander was to start today but du to a death in the family was not able to start on time but did call and assured us he would be here Monday. I called the mill today and ordered 800 sq ft. of red oak rwl of 3-5" with and no shorter than 4 ft in length. I have done bussiness with the guy befor and sent him lots of work so I get the flooring at $2000.
Altho I didn't get any floor pics I did get a few of the door frames comming off to get the floor ready to sand
cradle106.jpg

cradle099.jpg

cradle102.jpg

cradle103.jpg

Everything go's. Fireplace mantel builtin and doors. I am looking fwd to it and too a bit sceptcal on the outcome. I think it will be a great learning expearance helping me to sharpen my skills
Reg

Reg,

I'm at the start of a similar project. I've got the walls stripped to studs and masonry, and the new floor down. Now there's nothing for it but to build it back up. A little trivia for you:

How many 2x4s fit into a toyota highlander, without taking the baby seat out?

Answer: 50, with room to spare! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

LOL BIll, I got a highlander myself and really enjoy the ride. Never did figure out how many 2x4's it could hold though until I saw your post...and yes I have a baby's seat as well!!

I have been running a lot to Home Depot to get stuff for my new addition so I know how you feel when you look at the cart, then look at the Highlander and wonder..

"How in the ever living world am I going to put all this in there."

The thing is though, when you go into the BORG, you're only going to pick up a few things. The next thing you know, the cart is rounded over and your card practically melts when you swipe it through the scanner!!