Handling the Heat

I gotta hand it to the rest of you that live further south than I do. Right now we are experiencing some of the hottest weather of the summer and I am not handling it to well.

Yesterday it hit 91 degrees and i darn near died. I was using the lathe all day so I ended up opening up the big garage door, putting a fan on top of the lathe and getting plenty of water. Luckily the lathe is situated close to the office and close to the cold drinking water. If it were not for those three things I am sure I would have died.

Ahhhh, the good old days....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9TkpG67McY

:D Add 80% plus humidity to that and welcome to my world. Of course it is all what your used to. Not that I ever get used to temps like that, it's just normal in the summer here.

Try inspecting attics in the summer. Of course I have a simple rule, if I can't so it in the morning, I don't do it.

No worries. It is indeed what you are used to. 90* is fine around here, 105* is fine in Scottsdale, AZ, 75* in Fairhope, AL is intolerable although the gators seem to like it. Florida, Minnesota, New York? Beautiful places but, the weather is not my native element; but, that's just me.

There's no place like home, no matter where it is.

Well being Canadian........eh...... it may come as no surprise that I'd rather have the cold than this sticky wet muggy heat.

Where I come from, it gets hot in the summer, real hot, but as it is semi desert, at night it cools off, and it is DRY not this awful wet sticky stuff. Heck, just down the road in Osoyoos, they even grow bananas, so I know heat.

The thing is, I can easily dress for -20, how do you dress for 120? :huh:

I mean you can only undress so far.... before the neighbors start complaining!

I'll take the cold over the heat any day! :thumb:

I'm with Stu, I can put on enough clothes to stay warm, I can't take off enough to get cool.:eek: But my body is starting to dislike the colder weather, even what we get here in Ft. Worth. 20's hurt a lot more now, especially working on a service drive with 2 big doors facing west/northwest. Hard to write tickets with gloves on. Jim.

No way, this heat is killing me!! I will take the cold over the heat any day!.

I remember two years ago I got up at 2 AM, loaded my snowmobile onto my truck, drove 3 hours to Jackman Maine and unloaded my sled. It was 7 below zero. For the next 15 hours I logged on 403.3 miles then loaded my sled back onto my truck and headed home. All day the temp dropped. It was -22 degrees F when I got home at 23:30. Best day of my life....

Yamie_Mountain-464x347.jpg