Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida Road Trip!

Matt Dunlap Guest

Florida Road Trip!

Last edited by Matt Dunlap; 04-01-2008 at 01:07 AM.

Well, you could have picked a little cooler time of year to traverse the southern US, but I'm sure that'll be forgotten as soon as you see the new grandbaby.

Have a fun, safe trip!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Matt,

Just for the record, I can be in Jax'ville in about 2.5 hours.

You are ABSOLUTELY WELCOME to drop by for as long of a visit as you'd like. Heck, give us a little lead time and we can make sure we have a good food spread ready and extra towels for the pool/spa!

Check you PM's..
    - Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Matt, I hope you have a fun and safe trip!

Please tell the LOYL that if you go near Marty and Denise's place and DON'T stop off for a visit, I'M going to take it as a personal insult

Seriously, if you are in that neck of the wood, please take the time to stop off, whenever some one else is holding the camera, we get to see other stuff that Marty does not show us Nothing against Marty in any way shape or form, he just shows us what he thinks will be, or is of interest, which it is, but a fresh set of eyes sees different things!

Probably the closest I'll ever get to the "Studio" is pics, so if you get a chance to add to the photo album, please do!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Hey Matt if you come close to Tenn stop in and say howdy
    Reg

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Hey Matt!
    I'm 35 miles outside Jax in Starke, FL. I'm a bachelor and don't cook but there is a new steak place close by I have not visited yet.
    Send me an email when you get here and I'll send you an address.
    You are welcome any time!

DT

Matt

Safe journey. As a Florida resident who has spent a month in AZ on a family matter I've got a new saying, "it isn't the humidity it is the heat!" I'm looking foward to returning home to some cooler but more humid temps. I don't know how long the top will take to acclimate, but if you put a varnish type finish on it, I think it will be longer than your visit.

Jay

Wow, Hobbs to Pensacola is a pretty good run. On the other hand, it's a pretty flat drive. Not a lot of mountain passes to go over. Darned near downhill both directions.

Have a good rest of the ride and enjoy your visit.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Florida

Matt:

If you need a any laser engraving done while you are in Florida. I am about 2.5 hours south of Jacksonville in Melbourne. Close to the space center.

Stop by and see how you can cut wood with just a little light. I have even been known to sometimes try cutting wood with a steel blade of some sort.

If you are in Florida 8/7/7 there is a shuttle scheduled for I think 7:00 PM. I have a Sister-in-law who lives in Titusville, directly across the river from the VAB. From there, with binoculars you can see the shuttle resting on the pad. Great spot to view a launch from.

Hi Matt, just wanted to say that I hope you made the final leg of your trip safely, and are having a great time getting acquainted with that new Grandbaby, and spending time with your daughter. Have fun, but DON'T PET the alligators.