eye exam 'shocking' result ;)

Ned Bulken

I hadn't taken the time to get my eyes checked in about two and a half years. well... I'm 'sad' to say that middle age is setting in. My new prescription will be for no line bifocals. :eek: :eek:
7 to ten days from now I'll be able to see better.:thumb:

I've been looking over the top of my reading glasses for more years than I'd like to remember....:doh:

No problem for distance, but that distance is getting farther and farther away..:eek: :dunno:

Good you've taken care of them, Ned. :thumb:

looking back (had to do it, sorry) I've been needing new glasses for over a year now, but never got around tuit last year. I basically take them off around the house, and only wear them for driving. It hurt the budget, especially considering my son needed glasses too, so double the pain today. I'll get reimbursed for them by my health plan, on my glasses anyway, (eldest isn't living here, so I can't claim him on my plan).

I've got two pair coming, one set is pretty cool, has a matched set of shades that secure themselves to the main frame with magnets. I've had large lenses for several years now, but this time around I'm going with smaller frames on both pairs. time for a change I suppose.

I got the LASIK done just about a year ago, my vision is still super good, best $800 I've spent in a VERY long time. I know I'll need reading glasses at some point, but my folks both did not need them into their 60s, so I hope I'm the same, that gives me nearly 20 years without glasses :thumb: and a decent pair of glasses cost around $300 here, so even if I went two years on a pair of glasses (unlikely, I'm hard on glasses) that is still $3000 for glasses compared to $800 for the LASIK, good deal in my opinion:D

Now if I can only convince my lovely wife that the $2200 savings should go towards the tool budget :rolleyes: :rofl:

Cheers!

You young whipper-snappers............

The old saying
"First the eyes, than the ears"

That is the order it happened to me..........

Got tri-foculs with the tri-lines embedded in the glass.

Then that was not enough they had to go after the lens
and give me caderacts both eyes.

alcon-acrysof-nat-implant-140x140-x.jpg
[/IMG]

They must have dug to deep, and it effected
my hearing........

cause now have those things in my ears
to keep out the ear wax

BUT I CAN STILL.........

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My last set of glasses were bifocals...never again. Time before, I got reading glasses to go with the normal ones. I'll go back to that. Can't lay on the sofa and watch TV with bifocals...hits at the wrong part of the lense! :D Jim.

While you're at it have them make you up a pair of safety glasses. These of course require special lenses AND special frames. Since I got a pair I have given up the problems of goggles fitting over my specs and I never have to remember to put them on. I just put the safety glasses on when I go in the shop. Large diameter lenses, side guards, heaven.

Just finished the new glasses buy

I have been wearing tri-focals for about 10 years, and like them. The only problem is that the tri-focal puts the reading lens way down at the bottom of the lens/frame.

This time I got the regular tri-focal glasses in a new frame, and also got a pair of computer/reading glasses. The computer/reading glasses have the intermediate distance lens across the top for looking at the computer screen and things at arms distance. The lower 2/3 of the glass is all reading lens, they are great.

Expensive, but they are worth it to me.