This is from a featherd walnut crotch piece I got on eBay a few months ago. I finally got around to turning it. It's about 6 1/4" wide by 2 3/4" tall. It's got a few hairline shrinkage cracks from drying, but I left them as-is. I may change my mind down the road and CA them, but not sure that I'd actually get any down in the crack. It was originally a little rounder on the bottom, but since I left the top pretty flat (to avoid turning away the feathering), I decided to go with a bit straighter sides. I also would have liked for the foot to be a bit smaller, but things got a little thin, and I ran out of wood.
Finished with Tung Oil blend, then a few coats of spray lacquer, with some 600 grit wet sanding in the middle. Polished out with the standard 3-wheel approach.
The pics don't do the wood justice, but I was anxious to show this one off.
Attachment 11111 Attachment 11112 Attachment 11113 Attachment 11114
Opinions and suggestions are welcome.