Decimal thickness of ½” cabinet grade ply?

Never "Assume" any thickness. measure the thickness as you set up your cuts. Given one manufacturer over another or season or another the thickness will alter a bit, set the cuts to fit the situation. True thickness is a guess at best. Be prepared for less than expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately I have been getting 3/4 ply that is... hang on... just over (yes over) 3/4". Finally I saw a stamp on some that said 19mm. Even 19mm in 0.748, but my shop is pretty humid. When I get plywood that is 23/32 I know it is made in USA, which means that I need to measure both ends... it is likely to be different from one end to the other... or maybe change several times along the 8 feet.

The outer veneer of imported plywood is darn thin, but I sure like the overall thickness.

Bottom line, don't plan on anything until it is waiting in your shop.

It is amazing as the guys have previously noted the variance in thickness.
It is a good question and you have good answers. Make sure you order enough to do the job at the same time as the same wholesale/retailer can sell you different sizes even with the same order let alone different days, but your chances are a wee bit better. Frustrating for a Purist:eek: :doh: , guess I won't be one:rofl: . AAAhhhh, I feel better already.:D
Shaz