Da Booth

I don’t venture into the turners forum very often but I had to check out “Da Booth”. The display looks top flight to me and the Ikea baskets add to your beautiful turnings. Do you do wind chimes? Something hanging would add to the visual.

...Are you set up to take credit cards? Seems like no one ever carries much cash anymore, making change is a hassle, and taking checks is inviting problems.
I'm looking at the various credit card options. There are about a bazillion ways to go, and all of them cost a different amount. Since I'm not planning to be selling every month, I think initially I'll be using one of the merchant accounts that allows me to phone in the card authorization, and manually scrunch the card. The per-transaction cost is a higher, but the startup costs are a lot lower. If I see enough activity to support it, I'll go with a wireless mobile card reader eventually. Anybody have any suggestions?

On the checks...I've only spoken with one vendor who's received a bad check. He said he's had one in 16 years of doing shows for a living. (Lots of shows.) He still accepts them. I think initially I'll accept them, at least until I get burned. (It would be a bummer, but it wouldn't bankrupt me.)

...Do you do wind chimes? Something hanging would add to the visual.
Hadn't thought of wind chimes, but I do like the idea of having something hanging...and wind chimes could be pretty easy and inexpensive to fabricate. I'll have to mull that idea over. ;) Thanks. :thumb:

Vaughn,

The booth looks good, and you've gotten lots of good info... My only comment would be to really encourage you to really look at hanging some poster/pics of your lathe and you working on it. They will create interest in the "evolution" of the pieces...not just the final "product". Also some interim pieces to show how the form came about. This will distinguish you from just a "seller", and draw the customer closer emotionally to the pieces, which always helps in getting them to buy.

Oh...and the name and logo are very nice. :thumb: