a mini gloat as in Minimax.

Joe Mioux

Here are a few pics of the new Minimax FS30. I accepted shipment two weeks ago. In addition, I have also uploaded a table that I have been working on. The table is mostly 150 yr old OLD Red Oak barn wood, with lots of nails (removed).

I have to say that MM or probably more apropriately SCMI, really knows how to fasten a piece of equipment down to the pallet.

Heavy duty cardboard, some plastic Stops, wood and banding, held this thing in place nicely.

ON Sunday, I finaly had a chance to use it. It works great.

The wood was resawn on my MM16

As you can tell from one of the pics, I still need to make this thing mobile. I tried placing the j/p on the mobile base myself, but it didn't work out well. Later this week, I will bring the tractor home with the loader and lift it on the mobile base.

Joe

Attachments

• fs30.3.JPG
    fs30.3.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 72
  • fs30.1.JPG
    fs30.1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 59
  • fs30.2.JPG
    fs30.2.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 66
  • table 1.jpg
    table 1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 51
  • table 0.jpg
    table 0.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 60
  • table 3.jpg
    table 3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
That's a sweet-looking combo, Joe. Nice companion to the MM16, I'm sure. :thumb:

Are you sure that oak table's big enough, though? :p

That's a sweet-looking combo, Joe. Nice companion to the MM16, I'm sure. :thumb:

Are you sure that oak table's big enough, though? :p

Vaugh, I have been fighting that table all year. The table top is old 8x8 barn posts and 6x6 beams. Lots of nails, lots of nails rusted off at surface level only to be found an inch below the surface ;(

I am building this table for a friend of mine, I have some time to build since he and his wife live in Sydney Aus half the year. She is OZ, He is US. She wants an old farm harvest table as their outdoor dining table. It needs to seat 14. I was hoping to keep it 12 ft long, but the bad wood may make the table 10 ft long. The frame of the table is 9 ft long.

Steve, Thanks!

Joe

Gloat for sure! :thumb:

Great looking setup Joe. I know you are going to enjoy your time with it.
Use it in good health! :D

DT

Joe, that is sure a nice looking unit, something like that would sure save me some space :rolleyes: :D

Now about that table, man, that is some serious wood you got going there! :thumb:

Way to go, Joe. I noticed in your one picture you are using the factory supplied bar to keep the fence rigid along it's entire length. It works great, but I found very early on that my magnetic base from a dial indicator set placed behind the fence works equally well and is much faster. I also use my Grip Tites in the same way, just depends on which one is closer to me at the time.

Way to go, Joe. I noticed in your one picture you are using the factory supplied bar to keep the fence rigid along it's entire length. It works great, but I found very early on that my magnetic base from a dial indicator set placed behind the fence works equally well and is much faster. I also use my Grip Tites in the same way, just depends on which one is closer to me at the time.

That is a great idea. Thanks Sam.

Tod, I will see what I can do about a new Avatar.

Everyone thanks for the comments.

Joe

Man, that is going to be one heck of a table!

Still green with envy... :bow:

LOL,

you know, the frame of that table was jointed with two sleds, one for the band saw and one my Delta Planer. I learned alot jointing those boards with the planer. Somewhere I have some pics of that.

I suppose the decision to buy the FS30 was made easier since I didn't have a jointer, so I elimanted a couple future upgrading purchases and just went for the one that I will have for a very long time.

Joe