Fair Entries

Well just got back from the county fair. I entered a mesquite NE bowl, lidded box, cedar vase and some of my mini acorn birdhouses. I got blue ribbons on all of them except one. The mini acorn birdhouses got me a Grand Champion along with best in class and show. I was tickled to death. I just entered them not thinking of winning but just some exposure as everyone goes to the fair. So thought maybe I might drum up some business. Now they are talking of taking the birdhouse to the state fair. I don't think I will be able to due to my job. May have a friend take them down for me because I couldn't afford to stay the whole week. Anyway not to bad a day.

:congrats: Sounds like you have been verified an artist! Congratulations, however.....

worthless_without_pics.gif

Where's the pics of the fine objects along with their respective awards??????

Woo-Hoo! Bigtime congrats, Bernie. Grand Champion, Best in Show, and Best in Class! Talk about kicking whatever and takin' names. :thumb: You should do what you can to get entered into the State Fair. Your work is worthy of it.

I agree with Ed though...we need pics, buddy! Let's see those pieces again to refresh our memories. :D

I would have pictures but they won't let us have them till Saturday. They want them displayed at the fair for the week. So when I get them I will get pic's.

Thanks for the comments. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. I am going to try Vaughn to get there if possible.

Congragulations Bernie. That has to make all of the time that you spent doing this seem worthwhile.:thumb: