How do you spell......

Stuart Ablett

.....relief............ :D

relief.JPG

First bowl I've turned in a L-O-N-G time.............

Not done yet, but BOY if felt good.

That is some Cherry that I picked up a while back! :thumb:

Stu, the bowl looks great! Your worklight has a great word on it...as if you need to see if while on the lathe, the most relaxing ww tool in the world IMO.

Question.......If you don't see the obvious....as in Stu's message.....does that mean the message qualifies as "subliminal"?:D

Stu"art",:thumb:

That's some purrty wood there my friend. Now, it was dry already, not green wood, right? Was it very hard at that stage? :huh: Just askin' queschuns, lernin'.:rofl:

Aloha, Tony:)

Thanks gents (you too Vaughn :rolleyes: :D)

The word RELAX is on there, as I tend to grip the tools too tightly, and that puts a knot in my neck after a while, not to mention it does my turning little good:eek:

Yes the wood is dry, should be, it was DNAed for 24 hours, wrapped up in paper to let dry for 5 months, if it ain't dry by now, I'm in trouble :eek:

The wood is some cherry I got, the tree was sick, that is why they took it down, and I've found that these sick tress often yield some really interesting grain patterns, but the wood can be difficult, as the (in this case) dark areas are a bit softer than the light areas.

Got it all turned off tonight, sanded and it now has a coat of WATCO oil on it, I'll let that dry then finish it.

Nice to turn again! :thumb: