Where credit is due

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
To the BowClamp boys.

My new BowClamps worked as claimed. I didn't have to park my truck on the worktable glue up after all. :rofl: :rofl:

100_1750.jpg

100_1751.jpg

The extra clamps you see weren't really necessary but they were close and I figured the edges wouldn't mind the extra help. :eek:

Thank you to Cecil Arnold for advising me to sand the mating surfaces of the MDF before applying glue.

Thank You to Glenn Bradley for the idea of using a pastry roller. Worked like a champ. However, I found that a left over mud smoother from the sheet rock walls helped in smoothing the glue out enough to where the rollers were much more effective.

Charlie Plesums statement: If you lay two sheets of MDF together without glue, it is twice as strong and stiff as one sheet. If you glue the two sheets of MDF (or anything) together, so they become one sheet that is twice as thick, it is eight times as strong and stiff as one sheet.
Convinced me to do the glue up.

Thank everyone else for their contribution. This was totally a piece of cake using your information. I can't remember why I dreaded it so. :rofl:

DT

That's gonna be one stout bench. Nice job, Don. :thumb:

If I did enough applicable work to warrant them, I'd have a bunch of BowClamps. They make a lot of sense.

Nice job, Don. Boy, it looks like those Bow Clamps were JUST Barely long enough to get the job done, eh?:D

:rofl: That's entirely my fault Norman. I made the table 40" deep and that made the four footers way to long.
One set of F-Clamps I have wouldn't work but my Besseys reached right out there and grabbed the three footers. :thumb:

DT

They are amazing Steve, and worth what they charge not to have to try and make them. :thumb:

DT

Thank you Don, and thank you guys for the support. It's an honor to play a part... And Don did you try turning the clamps upside down? The other end should fit into the slot also...allowing you to use the 4 footers as well. Giving you better coverage with still less clamps. Something like this.

cfeuerzeig

My bench is 39" square, so I use both the 3's and 4's for reaching across all the time.

Last edited:
Thank you Don, and thank you guys for the support. It's an honor to play a part... And Don did you try turning the clamps upside down? The other end should fit into the slot also...allowing you to use the 4 footers as well. Giving you better coverage with still less clamps. Something like this.

cfeuerzeig

My bench is 39" square, so I use both the 3's and 4's for reaching across all the time.

Well I'll be dipped? :doh:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure that out? :huh:

Thanks Craig, that sure would fit them to a bunch more applications wouldn't it? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DT