Veterinary School

This post has been removed at the member's request while it was under review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis, This is a bit off color,( to me, funny but tainted) don't be offended if you are asked to modify it. Let us wait and see, I am going to list it for viewing with the other mods.

Last edited:
Hey, come on sports fans

This is not a dirty joke, it isn't even off color. It is a play on the foolishness of people. Like I am fond of saying, pay attention, or take note. The students did neither.

No where in the story was there any socially unacceptable language. You can hear much worse on any of the TV "law and Order" police stories.

I would not be afraid to tell that story to a fire and brimstone southern baptist preacher.

That reminds me of the story about the new minister giving his first sermon.

He was rather nervous and asked the senior pastor what he did to keep calm while preaching. The older preacher told him that the glass of "water" at the pulpit was really gin. When I felt the need he would take a sip. Well the new preacher started out and was a little nervous, so he took a sip of "water" and felt better. Pretty soon, he sipped some more, and was really cranked up and preaching hard.
After the sermon, the new preacher asked the senior minister how he did. He senior minister told him that he did really good except for one thing. David slew Goliath, he didn't kick the stuff out of him. (I think he said stuffings, what did you think it was?)

Now complain about that if you must.

Yea hear about the flood in the insane asylum? Some vendor went through the grounds yelling 'peanuts.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken, thanks for your input.

The post was reported, there was some discussion with the moderation team if this joke was against the CoC, the way the system is set up here, when in doubt, we temporarily move the questionable post to the moderators forum and figure out what to do about it.

Of course, we also send the member who's post was temporarily moved a PM explaining the situation.

In this case, while the post was under discussion, Travis, the original poster PMed us back and asked us to just remove the post altogether. I do not think he was pressured, I hope he did not feel that way about it, but he did instruct us to delete the post, so, we did.

For the record, the moderation team was voting on the question of whether the post should be reinstated or removed, and while the vote was not final, the reinstate side was clearly in the lead.

We are following the rules and procedures we, as a member run forum set up for ourselves, and we will continue to do so. If a post is reported, we, as the moderators have to look into it, part of the job.

Also, please keep the constructive criticism coming, we are all trying to do this Moderators job to the best of our ability, but, we are all human, we all make mistakes and, we all understand the need for constant improvement, or tweaking, if you like.

Again, thanks for your input Ken.

Cheers! :wave:

Actually, this is a variation of a very old joke that has been around for many years. The original had to do with two priests, a young one and his senior. The young priest was, supposedly, advised to drink some of the communion wine to calm down. And the rest is, as they say, history....

I did not think it was bad, but no joke is worth causing hard feelings over. I asked for it to be removed because of the latter reason...it was deleted, now its back to woodworking. No harm, no foul, nothing personal...

Thanks Stuart

Thanks for the details of the behind the scene work.:)

After several days, I thought that there might be a degree of sensitivity that was unnecessary. You explanation makes good sense and I am fully in agreement with your post above.

As you might have already noticed, I tend to 'tell it as it is', or at least as I see it. Politically correct is a foreign phrase to me. I agree that off color jokes belong on sites other than here or other companion wood working sites. Personally, I don't like to hear the swearing that goes on on TV these days. When I go to a movie I don't like to hear a series of the famous prohibited word. Yes, there are times when such words fit the scene, but it would not hurt for the writer to find a better way.

You moderators have a difficult job, but you are doing a grand job of keeping the forums on the straight and narrow. Keep up the good work.

(PS, I still think the joke was ok.;))

Ken,

Just so you know, we are not as thin skinned as some would perceive, however, we have a set of moral, ethical and member ratified rules to follow. Sometimes we a re alittle slow, but we do try and get the job done in a timely fashion. Thanks for your support of our efforts and we will continue to be doing our job behind the scenes to keep this place a forum for all of us to be proud of and belong to. I am not the most sensitive person on the community and when it comes to poor use of the edgy English language, I take an extra second to self moderate and ask " what would my five year old niece ask me about certain wording". That is my personal guide, all may feel free to use it.

(PS, I still think the joke was ok.;))

tainted :rofl: (PS, I still think the joke was off color and a bit tainted.) :rofl::rofl::rofl:
BUT...Ken, I appreciate your understanding and Travis's humor and willingness to reconsider.
I need to learn how to agree to disagree. We have the potential to be a powerful place here and it will need the both of you. Thanks for your input.
Shaz

tainted :rofl: (PS, I still think the joke was off color and a bit tainted.) :rofl::rofl::rofl:
BUT...Ken, I appreciate your understanding and Travis's humor and willingness to reconsider.
I need to learn how to agree to disagree. We have the potential to be a powerful place here and it will need the both of you. Thanks for your input.
Shaz

Shaz, I respect your opinion, and defend your right to hold it. You did nothing to apologize for. You did your job, you saw a problem and you took action.

Keep up the good work. :thumb: