Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Update) The Girl Driving The Bus (Minneapolis, Minnesota disaster)

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)

(Update) The Girl Driving The Bus (Minneapolis, Minnesota disaster)

A Dear friend of mine answered an email today and I would like to ask for your prayers and thoughts for a girl who saved the lives of a great many children but didn't quite escape being harmed herself.

DT

Hi Dear...

Yes, I'm safe and sound and so is my whole family. Unfortunately, Jeff's daughter-in-law was driving that bus full of kids that was on the bridge, with her own two kids on the bus. The kids are ok with a lot of bumps and bruises, but his daughter-in-law has a broken back, some shoulder & knee problems that haven't been totally determined yet. She isn't paralyzed, so that's good. She'll have a long recovery but should be fine. This whole thing is so devastating and sad. Thankfully, I don't have to drive that route very often....maybe once a week at most.

Thank god for email when the phones are tied up.

DT
    Last edited by Don Taylor; 08-06-2007 at 08:40 PM.

All the best to your friend (and all the others involved or impacted). If it's any reassurance to your friend, I'm walking proof that broken backs can heal. It's a chore, but it's doable. (The "isn't paralyzed" part is the best news, of course. It's a great feeling of relief in the Emergency Room to be able to wiggle your toes.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I'll keep her and everyone else involved and their families in my thoughts and prayers.

Like Vaughn, I survived a broken back. I'm 8mm shorter than I used to be and some days I don't feel as well as I'd like...but I'm able to work a job and play in my UNFINISHED shop.

Tradgedies like this bridge event and dealing with a broken back and praying you won't be a paralyzed will give you a whole new look on life. Somethings are important .....some things aren't. Most things aren't...

Don, Hope your friend does well and eventually has a full recovery.

I was watching the so called "news" on the tube this morning and they were interviewing the young 'Hero' on the bus who "saved all the kids", but they never did mention the driver. I kinda though that was odd. Believe me, I'm not in any way downplaying what the young man did, but I wonder why the driver's condition was never mentioned.

Makes you wonder what really happened out there?

Respectfully, Tony.

Tony, BCE '75

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Falotico View Post
    Don, Hope your friend does well and eventually has a full recovery.

I was watching the so called "news" on the tube this morning and they were interviewing the young 'Hero' on the bus who "saved all the kids", but they never did mention the driver. I kinda though that was odd. Believe me, I'm not in any way downplaying what the young man did, but I wonder why the driverís condition was never mentioned.

Makes you wonder what really happened out there?

Respectfully, Tony.
    It's not the first time I have seen, heard, read about one of these bus drivers male and female who transport our children every day. Most of them would give their lives to save that of their charges. We take them for granted sometimes because seeing them every day makes them kind of invisible if you know what I mean. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get to know these bus drivers and let them know we appreciate them.

DT

Don good thoughts and prayers sent her way, after seeing my Mom comeback so strong, I'm now a firm believer in the power of collective good thoughts and prayers!
    Last edited by Stuart Ablett; 08-04-2007 at 03:42 AM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Amazing story. Prayers are with her and all affected.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

She's a real hero
    Live Like You Mean It!!

Interview with "the Girl on the Bus".

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_218092145.html
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

Good interview!