TICK TOCK

Karl Laustrup

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK!!!​

Getting the "BIG" sling shot and rubber band out of storage. Got to check the compass. I think a heading of 94 degrees, or there abouts, should be good. Will check range with a couple of cases of OS.

Stay tuned.

Karl

But, this is a BIG sling shot and rubber band Ken. :eek: ;) :D

First test tomorrow, weather permitting, and as long as the jet stream co-operates. :thumb: :D

Karl

Uh....Karl.......The jet stream blows generally from the west to the east with some slight north/south variations......But it should aid you if you truly are shooting at 94 degrees!

Well, the first test is complete. It did not go well at all.:(:eek::eek:.

Seems I made an error in figuring direction. :doh::eek:

98 degrees should be a wee bit closer. Amazing how just a few degrees can make such a big difference the further one goes from the launch point. :dunno:

I was also scared to put too much tension on the rubber band seeing as how it's been in storage for over a year. It seems to have held up well. and thank goodness it hit in a vacant field. Of course that vacant field was about 3 miles west of Lake Michigan. No injuries I'm happy to report. The missle was consumed though.

Next test will be conducted tomorrow. I have to put some conditioner on the rubber band and check for cracks in the sling shot. If all looks well we'll wind her up a little tighter.

Tune in tomorrow.

Karl

Hey Larry....given Karl don't have a clue where he is sending those projectiles and how far they might travel, especially using a old propelling device...I got a word of advice for ya....

Duck!

OK...
duck.gif

Vaughn!
Where did you find my rubber ducky? Had one exactly like that around the house for years before I became a hermit. :rofl::rofl:

DT

Well, the second test is complete and the outcome has been satisfactory. :)Much more testing though, before the big launch in a few weeks.

This launch at 98 degrees from due north seemed to put the projectile on a much closer path to the final destination than the original launch. Only used around 15% of the possible tension on the rubber band, so it looks like we'll have plenty to make the final destination. :) More tweaking is in order.

The launch carried the projectile into Lake Michigan where the onboard camera [as well as spotters stationed along the flight path] showed a successful splash down into the lake. :thumb:

Unfortuately, the Lake Express ferry took evasive manuevers when they erroniously thought the projectile/payload would be crashing on the deck. :dunno: Hey, even if it did, some OS never hurt anyone. Just ask Ken. :wave::thumb: I was also informed that a NWA flight from Milwaukee had to take evasive manuvers. Hey, if they had been on time there wouldn't have been a close call. :rolleyes: :D

So, now we'll crunch the flight data and prepare for the next test. Maybe tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Karl

The ciphering has been done and all was a go for an early morning launch today.

Using 30% of the stretch capacity of the rubber band, we were able to achieve a sucessful launch along the intened flight path. :thumb:

Alas, something is amiss, either in my launch co-ordinates or there was outside influence on the course of the projectile. :(:eek:

Whatever the happenstance, the projectile landed in Battle Creek and, from what I've been told, almost took out "Tony the Tiger". :eek: I, obviously would never purposely target Tony. My sincere apologies Tony. I understand that some OS got into his "Frosted Flakes".

Well, it's back to the drawing board to determine what caused this near disaster. Thank goodness I've still got nearly 4 weeks to perfect the shot before the big day on the 6th.

Stay tuned.

Karl

well karl i ll hep ya out

i send out a big flare for heat recongnition.. i got the jr over in my parts thursday evening and will open the water can for both of us again.. even treated him to his own brand last night. i was told by the flight planner that you have authorization to carry some payload,,namely some of those cheese curds like we had on our vist yur way. the dog house alias pig pen isnt dun yet and wont be when ya get closer but we can still stay dry..outside..inside is naother story. when your gettin close jist look for the rebel flag it will be a waving in the breeze. use some silcon on the band and it will strecth longer.. expeiernce speakin here.. need all your distance ya can muster.

Karl...adjust your co ordinates....you are about to take out Larry's new shop and it ain't even finished yet...

Poor Tony, he ain't thinkin Iiittt'sss GREAT about now.

yup on the project tile

i sent out many transmissions last night in all languages,, got just about nothin dun right was trying to get the sloop trough hooked up and the darn sides caved in with me as well,, that was after i visited the attic to get some wire hooked up and dodging fiberglass pieces blowin all around... wasnt a good night... so if your transmitter karl picked up some strang language you were tuned in correctly... tonight jr will be there and things will progress better and the moisture sensor on yur projectile should be able to zero in on the right coordinates... will be lookun for your missle...:D