Ordered DC today...

I love the internet !!

I make a living doing tech development work for an internet application.

So something I really like and appreciate are good internet sites that really provide a customer solution that is just excellent.

My DC was shipped from Grizzly via UPS Freight ( The old OverNite LTL company ). As you can see from the attached page clip, All info is available. Since I was once in the LTL freight business, I can really appreciate this level of customer service. The site even recorded that I made a call to set up an appointment. Well, its not really an appointment, but I got good info about the delivery and when it would show up at my house. So I had to take off today to meet the truck. I will post more pictures of the deliver and you will see why I had to be here.

Here's the screen grab....

UPSTrackingDCShipment.jpg

Delivered

Well it got here...... 99 degrees outside...

UPS LTL freight, with lift gate. As the driver was unloading my I noticed another Grizz delivery. I asked him was that home deliver also. It was!! 1,000 lbs, about 6 ft long and 5 ft high. Could not see the number... So some people are braver than I.

Her are the pics..

You can see why he cannot get up my driveway. I just unboxed everything and put it on my two wheeler and took it around back of the house to the walk in basement door. Did I mention it was 99 degrees...

IMG_0962.jpg IMG_0963.jpg

So here it is in the basement.

IMG_0964.jpg

A few interesting things...

Grizzly features a "mechanical" cleaner for the filter. Well here is now it works. the red and black handles pull the circular brush up and down the filter which scrubs all entire inside of the filter. I think that is pretty cool.

IMG_0965.jpg

The muffler is a new feature on the Grizz cyclones.

IMG_0966.jpg

The rotor housing and motor are VERY heavy.

IMG_0967.jpg

I was very impressed with the heavy casting that mates the motor to the rotor mount.

Copy of IMG_0967.jpg

So Now all I have to do is install it !!!!!!! Oh WOW is that going to be a job!!!

Well nothing like what Marty accomplished but a great adventure for me.

I will start another thread when I get that started.