Thread: Something came from Greenlee!

Something came from Greenlee!

This really is about tools! I purchased a clamp on amp meter a month or so ago from Lowes to verify the current draw on my Clear Vue cyclone motor. Had been wanting one, and got a Greenlee on mega sale at Lowes for 27.00. Regular 65.00 or so. So I send in the product registration, and think nothing of it. Last week I got an email for a shipping notice from FedEx. Hmmm I didn't order anything, and LOML doesn't use my email address except to forward my misdirected mail to me. I figure it is a scam to click on the link. So I wrote down the tracking number and went to the FE site and plugged it in. Really a package. Came today, from Greenlee. A thank you for sending in the registration! Attachment 11308 Fairly sharp cutting blade. Also in the note, there was a survey about the meter, what I liked and disliked, would I buy again, etc, and said if sent in, there would be another gift sent. Wonder what it will be??? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Cool. Free stuff is good stuff. How's that meter working out? Is that something I ought to pick up?
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard View Post
    Cool. Free stuff is good stuff. How's that meter working out? Is that something I ought to pick up?
    Doug, it appears to work fine. I'd like to test it against someone that has a nice one to see if it is calibrated correctly. I put the readings up on the CV forum, but no one commented on them. I thought they were low (sub 19 amps with all 3 gates open). But if accurate, I pretty much know that my motor is safe. It was in the price range I was willing to spend. I've used it that one time, who knows when I'll need it again! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

I forgot (if I ever knew) that they had a forum there. Guess I better do some reading there to see what I've missed. I haven't been on their site for a while and just today finally got my gallery album caught up to where I'm at.
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

I went back and checked my own post...measured sub 16 amps with 3 gates open. I wasn't wrong before, just not as accurate as I could have been! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!