Thread: Elec. Question - Wiring DC Bin Level Sensor to Alarm Light

Elec. Question - Wiring DC Bin Level Sensor to Alarm Light

I think I have this figured out but wanted to get some confirmation from the electrical cognosenti before I wire this up today. My Bin Level Sensor has 5 wires - 2 for 110V power, and 3 for the switch. The switch wires let you choose either Normally Closed or Normally Open and 1 wire just doesn't end up getting used. I'm pretty sure that I want Normally Open ??and that those 2 wires connect to the positive wire of the 12V wiring that runs the Flashing Alarm strobe light I've got. So I just cut the hot wire of the 12V power and connect the 2 ends up to the 2 switch wires from the bin sensor ?? And it doesn't really matter which switch wire goes to which end of the cut 12v wire?

Here's a pdf with the info on the sensor if that helps
    http://www.dwyer-inst.com/htdocs/pdf...l/dblm_iom.pdf
    TIA
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Doug, like you said connect the hot side to one wire of th N.O. the other goes to the alarm and the neutral of the 12 V goes to the other side of the alarm.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward