Thread: Hello from snowmass

Hello from snowmass

Hey, folks,

I know: no pics, didn't happen...

So here are pics of what we did today. Conference is over, so today it was walkabout time. Up the mountain in the skilift:

Attachment 11381

James and Doorlink, riding in style...

Attachment 11382

Attachment 11383

Here's James on a snowbank, today. august 9th:

Attachment 11384

Attachment 11385

Enough aspen to feed a lathe for a lifetime...

Attachment 11386

Attachment 11387

Near the top of the second mountain. Four miles from the car. And about 3000 feet of elevation away to boot. And James said: my knees hurt. I can't walk. So Dad got to carry the young man lile this all the rest of the way. 50 year old bodies are not made for carrying two year olds. Ouch!

Attachment 11388

But views like this made it worth it. Especially the part about getting the east coast girl out into the western mountains

Attachment 11389

Thanks,

Bill
    (now reaching for a margarita, in spite of the sore shoulders...

Thanks, its 80 degrees here and you are showing me pictures of Snow. You're killing me you know. Why just last week I had to jump on my sled and take if for a spin around the lawn. I looked stupid riding a snowmobile in hot, humid 90 degree weather, but I just could not stand it any more.

Even when things like this occur, I prefer winter over summer any day!!

I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"