Hello All!!!

Mike Stafford

As I mentioned in my first post over in the work sharing area of lathe land I joined Family Woodworking more than 8 months ago and misplaced my link in a wrong folder and then proceeded to have a senior moment (half-heimer's is a bad thing) and forget all about this forum. When cleaning up some stuff in my links folder I came across the link to Family Woodworking and said, "I wonder if they are still out there" and sure enough here you all are. "You all" is Southern and so am I.

I am woodturner who likes to specialize in smaller items such as boxes and small semi-enclosed bowls and forms although I still turn some bowls and larger work. I teach woodturning occasionally and enjoy sharing my love of the craft with anyone eager to learn.

I also do some flatwork mainly specializing in jewelry, decorative and art boxes. I make an occasional piece of small furniture but the bottom line is I am mostly all about boxes.

I love boxes and I would like to indoctrinate all turners to turn more boxes. Shoot if you turn boxes you will have a place to store all your wood chips....:p

I look forward to seeing more of the work on here and contributing where I can but in general I don't have much to say.

:wave:Hi Mike,
Welcome back! :wave:
Your desire to share is one of the things that helps everyone involved. We are a hungry to learn stuff group. Share when you can and enjoy the forum, you are welcome here.:)
Shaz

(There is a Ninga Turtle out there somewhere without his sun glasses)

Uh.. Oh :eek:

HI Mike Welcome back!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DT

Hi Mike, good to see you! I miss your box work, both turned and flat work. Just refound the site myself, lost the link!

corey

Good to see you Mike and it has been a while since we last crossed paths. I feel that we are in good company with you around and I have always enjoyed your work and helping others. I am looking forward to learning more from you and many others around here. Boxes and turning are my thing, so look out.... I'll be stealing all I can from you :D