Dang it!

Add a 1" accent piece down the middle?

Actually that's what LOML and his friend Mike did on this dresser.

Mike's chest 3a (600x450).jpg

The end panels were to be solid oak, but when they cut the boards to join for the panel, they were about an inch shy. They were kicking themselves around the shop, when Mike saw a piece of Brazilian cherry sitting there just calling to him, so they ripped strips, narrowed the oak boards, and put the five pieces in. Mike was worried that his wife wouldn't like it; she loved it and now he has a chest, headboard, and two nightstands to make to match!!

Nancy (133 days)

Kind of makes you want to restore an old piece of iron don't it :D :rofl:

Three month break from wood working is really showing. I have made a few stupid mistakes but nothing that I couldn't fix till now. Couple of pieces I forgot to square the end before cutting so they just used for something else. But this one! To just miss measure and on a glue up. :doh: Thats a mistake I don't typically make. Obviously those three months away have taken their toll!!

While the accent piece is a nice cover up it won't work on this. This is one of two panels in the front doors on my sisters Walnut Wine cabinet. Just going to have put this piece in on the shelf and glue up another one. It will be used on something somewhere..

Good thing is I was smart enough to quit and just shut down for the day.

Why you just need to get yerself one of those board stretchers:thumb:. My brother send his new wife on a fools errand the first Christmas they were married. Told her he wanted a metric board stretcher (not to be confused with a US board stretcher). After trips to HD, Lowes, McNab Hardware, Kmart (??), and ACE, the guy at Sears busted out laughing at her question and clued her in. She was so furious she refuses to ever buy tools on anyone's Christmas list ever again.