Thread: Where Pets Come From ?

Talking Where Pets Come From ?

Where pets come from?

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of your selves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal.
    And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, " I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved�

��
    And God was pleased.

And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a darn one way or the other

Last edited by Stuart Ablett; 08-11-2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Use of "*" in place of bad words is against the CoC.

I'll have to share that with LOML and several of her pet-lover friends. Great stuff.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Vaughn,
    I knew there was a lot of animal lovers here & just had to post this.

Chuck

Attachment 11444

And then they move into your house and make themselves at home, drink all your beer, and hog the remote.

Nancy (133 days)
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    Attachment 11444

And then they move into your house and make themselves at home, drink all your beer, and hog the remote.

Nancy (133 days)
    Nacy I'm confused, are you talking about my dog, my cat or my wife
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Travis,
    If your wife sees that one your going to be in deep do do What's her e mail address again

Chuck