Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unbelieveable

Unbelieveable

Geez... thank goodness for the peace and harmony of this forum!!!!!

It is not like this everywhere. There is a certain other forum whose name you may have heard. I check in there every once in a while, just for the turning section. Today, they're in the process of driving out a certain turner of wide repute. He's a mennonite, I've heard, a man of peace, but the knives are out. He's changed his .sig file to "Bill's not here" Now they're turning the knives on themselves. That place eats its own young. Geez...

All I can say is: "Thank goodness for the peace and harmony of this forum!"

Pax,

Bill

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    This family proves that grown-ups can be adults.

A great deal can be learned from a discussion, nothing at all from an argument.

DT

A pleasure to be here. Civility is a real treasure, and costs nothing.

Ken

heck we are even pretty civil while arguing.

Same thing, just a different day over there. Good thing about the way they treat people is we have FWW beacuse of it.

Randy

Now that down -right irrigates me.

I have no idea of what the problem is "over there," but I am very surprised that Bill is the target of the controversy.

As I see it, there are two possible explanations, either some moderator has a loose screw, or someone has cracked the moderator password and thought they would "have some fun." Either way, someone is in need of an education, and it isn't Bill, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock View Post

some moderator has a loose screw, or someone has cracked the moderator password and thought they would "have some fun." Either way, someone is in need of an education, and it isn't Bill, IMO.
    That'd be me........Ain't no password to be cracked.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    That'd be me........Ain't no password to be cracked.....
    Well Ken, tighten it up. If someone was able to log on to a moderators ID, they have "cracked the password" for a moderator. Besides, Ken, I don't think you live in Maine, or do you?

I went to Bill's member profile and found the discussion regarding advertising, etc. I think it was wrong to sanction Bill. While he does get paid for the demo, it appears that he is not paid by head-count, but I don't know for sure.

I have known Bill since the days of the Badger Pond, and find him to be a gentleman, and a scholar, not to mention an outstanding lathe man.

Gentlemen, I wish to question if we need to bring the discussion from SMC here to Family Woodworking

If you would like to send Bill a note, do so via his website www.wonderfulwood.com I'm sure he would appreciate to hear from folks.

SMC has their rules and the mods over there are doing what they think is right, I'll not be second guessing them.

It's their place, which like this place, no one is forced to frequent.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Amen Dungeon Meister